.03 DNBFORUM FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 & 2

Mate, thanks for the kind words bro i was skanking out to the other mixes they were all proper stinky!!
Deffo gona be a close one, that newbie tent as well f*** was really surprising!! Big ups!!!
Thanks for checkin it!
@Russla dont give up hope just yet mate, it aint over till the fat lady sings! (p.s im not callin you fat Chloe promise ;))
:2thumbs:

kekekeke
:clown:

What. The. Fuck???
Nuteks mix is an hour long gabba set??
:rinsed: :rinsed: :rinsed: :rinsed: :rinsed: :rinsed: :rinsed: :rinsed:

this better not be true otherwise im gonna be a little bit pissed off
i turned people down for the jump up tent. :boxing:

Iv listened to bits of Sparks and Tornados sets from the noobs tent and their both really good. Gona have some stiff competition me thinks!

Thanks Stem Cell. So far I have yourself and Tornado as my favs from the noob tent. Although I've still some to listen to yet!!

I've got a very effective and scientific method of judging going on here, involving post-its, ticks and crosses.

So far so good. a couple of crosses but mainly just ticks, and a couple that I'd definitely enjoy listening to again!!

Nice one Newbies!!!
:)

Thanks for all the compliments. Big competition!

Nuera, just listened to yours. Tight mixing and well thought-out tune selection. Good on you for starting with a slightly techy tune then bringing in the jump-up. It wasn't all anthems which I enjoyed... if I was at a festival I would want a DJ to bring something a bit different since most all the same tunes get rinsed at big events. Thank you for dropping Heaven & Hell, such a sick tune! I also really liked how their weren't many breakdowns, you let the beats roll.

Listening to Scuba's now, will post feedback when it's finished.

Last edited:
you know what
im really impressed with all of you and everyone involvement in this competition.
Everyone listening to mixes that arent in their tents and giving feedback.
This is exactly what i wanted to get out of these competitions.
I m VERY happy right now.

Sparks

Dirtyphonics - Quarks
Andy C - Body Rock

If this competition was a fight, that mix is the equivalent of you pulling a knife (y)

Scuba

Good mix though the selection wasn't entirely up my street. It reminded me of a Hype set (which is a good thing) in terms of selection and mixing style. A bit sloppy in places but nothing that made me want to turn it off. It sounded, well, live, which I can appreciate seeing as though we are to mix as though it is at a festival. Good idea ending with Tombraider, that tune goes off!

Hektikz, you're up next!

Last edited:
Filename: dnbforum mix.mp3
File description: dnbforum mix
File size: 141.62 MB

Just downloading it now..

ahahaheheha..
i used to be into it actually, i knew a a gabba producer/dj who i met at some crazy house party where everyone was spitting on the walls and pissing in cubhoards, i was only like 12 too. 'the fuck!

Back
Top Bottom