Your Latest Vinyl Purchaces....

been having to pick-and-choose a bit as going to be over your way in the middle of the year...
Reso - Ricochet (2 X LP Incl CD): Hospital Records, NHS270LP
Famous Lost Words Remixes: Part 4
Ivy Lab - Twenty Questions EP (2 X 12'): Critical Music, CRIT080
BRAIN CRISIS/SPLINE - Mad, Subtitles Music ,SUBTITLESUK 029
DIMENSION - Jet Black ,MTA, MTA 056
DRS - Mid Mic Crisis, Soul:R, SOULR 067
FRACTURE/CHIMPO - From Early, Metalheadz, META 022
KEENO - Preludes EP, Med School Music, MEDIC47 EP

some more to follow from Redeye I think

had a bit of recordstore day luck that i totally didnt expect and cost me too much

got the two dilla bits , the kmb black bastards pop up book thing, black star fix up and immortal techniques first album

Seba - Addicted / Cold Spring
June Miller - Neurosis / Converge
June Miller - Give Up The Ghost EP
June Miller - Drowning Man / Nine
Gacha - Send Two Sunsets LP
Versa - Rainfall in Dub / Road To Righteousness
Disaterpeace - It Follows OST - really cool piece of vinyl this...

CBXP6vMUUAEAROJ.jpg

some goodies coming out now!!
L 33, Scream / Digital Sound : Eatbrain, EATBRAIN014
Fixate - Throwback Therapy EP, Throwback Therapy / Percussive Aggressive / N20 / Alive : Exit Records, EXIT056
Survey - Time EP (2 x 10''), Move In Time / Warp Resistant / As you want / Both Sides : DSCI4, DSCI4EP010
Emperor - Into Black EP : Critical Music, CRIT081
Krakota, Ice Hands / Ghosts : Hospital Records, NHS269T
RoyGreen & Protone, Warman / Homeground / Untitled : Demand Records, DMND026
HLZ, Dying Memories / Duel : Warm Communications : Warm Communications, WARM035
Noisia - Incessant EP, Incessant / Mefjus & Hybris - Clusterfunk / Mefjus & Hybris - Reptilians / Banshee : Vision Recordings, VSN020
The Prototypes, Pale Blue Dot / Humanoid : Viper Recordings, VPR058V
Machinedrum - Vapor City Remixes, 12"

Reso - Ricochet LP
Emperor - Into Black EP
Logistics - Spacejam EP
High Contrast - Racing Green
Logistics - Release the Pressure EP
wait til you hear how crap the Reso LP sounds on vinyl...bought it to play some of the tunes, and its automatically shelved. Coloured vinyl with 2 tunes a side at 33 = so quiet and flat it ain't funny (I am not laughing)

wait til you hear how crap the Reso LP sounds on vinyl...bought it to play some of the tunes, and its automatically shelved. Coloured vinyl with 2 tunes a side at 33 = so quiet and flat it ain't funny (I am not laughing)
Ah, thats not good, should be here tomorrow will give it a go and see if i get the same result.

Gutted not tried mine yet will give it a go on Sat ffs

Listened for a bit today, it is definitely a lot quieter.

Culture Shock - City Lights (both versions)
Calibre - Roundhouse EP (apparently this was never released digitally so I'm dusting off my vinyl ripping software for it)

Still waiting on my Playaz 12" to arrive...

Here's what I got when recording some snippets of a few tunes the other night to see if there was a visual difference in volume between some of the records I have bought these days and the 45/33 sides of some releases.

Firstly we have Phil Tangent - Bedouin EP. Top track is Bedouin at 45rpm, bottom is Rinjani at 33rpm on the flip.
Bedouin_and_Ranjani.jpg

Not a massive difference on this one, but noticeable. The pressing is pretty good though so not too much issue with that.

Next is Cern's Under Another Sky's album Pt1. Top is Infinite Exchange, and bottom is Helix.
Infinite_and_Helix.jpg

Once again, not too bad. And as discussed, Dispatch is pretty solid when it comes to the 45/33 thing - but still a noticeable difference nonetheless.

Now, here's a bunch of tunes in a row. Compare them with above and you will start to see what I mean:
a_few_tracks.jpg

Top one is Foreign Concept - When You're Alone. Wave doesn't look too bad here, but this is a notorious one for me which I can never get the level right on.
Next one down is Diablo from the DRS LP plate. That one sounds pretty good, and I don't hear much of a difference with it at all.
The 3rd is the Gunshotta Om Unit remix. This one sounds pretty average to my ears - flat and quite quiet, which sucks as the record is a thick plate which feels bulletproof.
4th is Skeptical - Imperial. This one I have no issues with really at all (as mentioned before, the Exit EP's are all good for the most part, considering they are coloured too). The only thing that catches me out with this one is the intro being quiet haha.
5th is The Blob, on the Reso LP. Now you can see what I am talking about, the wave is so quiet and flat that it equates to a record that 'turning up the gains' doesn't really fix. I don't want to have to EQ the shit out of a record when I am playing it - that should of been done when it was pressed, and checked before being produced. I have forked out decent money for a product that, to me, is next to useless. Lets see if iy goes up in price on discogs so I can sell it to some Hospital hipster.
And lastly, is Teddy Killerz - Endlessly. As a few people have said, this pressing is terribly quiet. I actually think it sounds OK (there are still decent peaks on the waveform there), but it is an inferior product compared to Ram's normal pressings, and they better sort it out before we start losing confidence in their products.

To close, I know this isn't a perfect science - and some of the tunes above aren't exactly the same sort of style/drums between. But it gives a bit of an insight to my constant frustrations on this issue - and why I am very pro 45's (amongst other reasons I have also listed too).

And lastly, this is one of the main reasons why I am not a fan of 33's (if you don't want to play whole 3/4/5 phrase intro's...)
20150418_144113.jpg

Had some of these in reserve for ages, so broke.......but finally got this haul sent south, hanging for some new beats to mix

Octane, DLR & Break / DLR - Murmur (Break & DLR VIP) / Regeneration / Tugboat VIP
DLR - Seeing Sounds Album Part 2 - Ask The Question / Bad Choice / The Grip
DLR - Seeing Sounds Album Sampler 1 - Human Error / Underpin
Alix Perez / Spor - Forsaken ft. Peven Everett & SpectraSoul (Calibre remix)
SpectraSoul / Rockwell - Ben / Play Some Normal Music
Dimension - Jet Black (Extended) / Whip Slap
Keeno - Preludes EP
Seba / Blu Mar Ten - Shades Of Me And You (Orange Vinyl)
Calibre - Strumpet EP
BCee - Think Twice - A. Think Twice AA. Into The Blue feat. Rocky Nti (Chords Remix)

Pre-order
Break presents - Symmetry Sessions 2
Halogenix - All Blue EP

Back
Top Bottom