This is not an 'I hate jump up thread' This is an M&S thread...

Re: This is not an 'I hate jump up thread'

yeh to be fair, last tune i bought was pleasure - tick for tack, and i've still yet to play it out haha

not my thing, i think we may see jump up drying out due to the fact it is clearly one of the earliest forms of drum and bass from the 90s, and it is still based around resembling some of the best jump up tunes that came out maybe 13 years ago (krust warhead)

Where as other younger sub genres are still enjoying a fruitful life before drying out because they didnt come into play until the 2000s easily, and then i believe minimal and neurofunk to still be peaking right now where as jump up probably went through that stage early 2000s.

i enjoy the more jungle-esq sounds bladerunner and serum but the high pitch synth basses of for example "taxman - concrete shoes" drive me to feel like an old granny when i say "its just noise" but i dont find any musical relevance in that bunch of detuned oscillators which remind me of eating my own shit

Last edited:

not my thing, i think we may see jump up drying out due to the fact it is clearly one of the earliest forms of drum and bass from the 90s, and it is still based around resembling some of the best jump up tunes that came out maybe 13 years ago (krust warhead)

Where as other younger sub genres are still enjoying a fruitful life before drying out because they didnt come into play until the 2000s easily, and then i believe minimal and neurofunk to still be peaking right now where as jump up probably went through that stage early 2000s

:ban:

this to me is an example of good jump up

Last edited by a moderator:

i enjoy the more jungle-esq sounds bladerunner and serum but the high pitch synth basses of for example "taxman - concrete shoes" drive me to feel like an old granny when i say "its just noise" but i dont find any musical relevance in that bunch of detuned oscillators which remind me of eating my own shit

i toatally agree mate (y) crafty edit by the way! i cant stand mainstream jump up these days... hence agreeing with the OP that its all about the up-comers... and why i disagree with your post, cos i think they will bring la revolution!

other day i was listening to cool fm and heard either taxman or OS's latest track, tbf the production was excellent, infact thw whole tune was really good except for some evil screech that made me switch over radio stations!

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

just looked up konkrete shoes... 1st time i heard it i dispised it, reminded me of some shit jump up tune from 2000/2001, really grown on me, love it!

nice one mate thanks for explainin that, i think when i step into jump up territory i just start finding less tunes that i like and its only one in every 10 that im really feeling, and that usually is a hazard tune haha

for those who wish to pass judgement! didnt know this was taxman, fair play to him for using a different synth (y) for the first time since scanner darker

Last edited by a moderator:

oh dear :( what are you guys smoking seriously :p

oh dear :( what are you guys smoking seriously :p

weed, usually! ;)

but tbh, i only like about 10% of jump up tunes too, problem is, they are ten a penny... however, this is how (for me anyway) you can tell the calibre of a jamp ap dj, as if they play the obvious shit, then they are shit :D or play the shit shit, then they are also shit :D

Callide - Supreme is jump up as much as you think it isn't

Didnt say i didnt think it was did I?

I suppose cos it was part of an EP i may have overlooked it but i havent bought a jump up 12 since the ones i listed

The can of worms pic is most appropriate for this thread. Most jump up is recycled wobbles tho and i dislike 90% of it. I have been getting into stuff like Tantrum Desire & Hamilton...

got to be the best jump up tune ever and definitely goes on the list of all time top dnb tunes as well

G-Dub were the purveyor of some of the best of it a few years ago

Tink Ya Bad, Beast City, Finding The Three, Les Miserables, Dirty Games RMX. Some sick tunes

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

its also terrible!

Nah, it isnt. Tune is pure fucking energy bro. Always loved hearing it out

Back
Top Bottom