this drumstep thing...

Its the SAME bpm as all the other tunes, you can still groove to it, just has different drum hits. TBH I welcome it, gives the DJ chance for more variation in his set and if done well these 'drum and bass-step' tunes can sound gully in the mix.

if the DJ's good enough at placing the mix then it shouldn't kill the rave, not overly keen on it tho

I dont know whats worse!!! the actual tunes or the people who decide to label it "drumstep"?? WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Bring back the days when dnb was split in two.....

Darkside..... and not Darkside.......

i think half time drumstep stuff is pretty sik, its not just hazard, dirty phonics do some sik stuff and its even a good way for some dubstep producers to make some dnb

I know lots of other producers have done it but no jump up producer was doing it at the time.
I first heard wicked so this time last year....When Hazard dropped it, people just stood still because they didnt know how to dance to it and wasnt sure if it was dubstep or dnb. The look on peoples faces were priceless...even the mc's were baffled. As soon as Hype's mix cd came out, all these other tracks started popping up and now loads of producers have jumped on it.

Another thing...far to much talk about the tempo with these tracks.. The tempo hasnt changed what so ever...It's just the drum pattern.

tempo is measured in bpm and the beats per minute is half as fast, 86 is half of 174

The beats per minute can still be the same, but if its a half time beat then the amount of beats between main hits will be different, thats why it gives the impression of being half the BPM.

86 is half of 172 aswel :)

Hazard's got another half time bit actually, has been playing it for at least a year now but he hardly everrrrr drops it

It's much more to my taste than Wicked So though, very grimey vibe

Pretty sure it'll never come out though lol

Hazard's got another half time bit actually, has been playing it for at least a year now but he hardly everrrrr drops it

It's much more to my taste than Wicked So though, very grimey vibe

Pretty sure it'll never come out though lol

He's got loads...The oldest one is Silent Night and thats 5 years old and it still sounds fresh!!

i don't mind one or 2 in a set..much more and it gets a bit gay
i've been droppin a few levela/renegade bits in sets and they go off, but it ain't about a majority half step set

poop.jpg
nice mr whippy, just needs a flake 99

Back
Top Bottom