The Hardest Tune To Mix Ever?

I have been known to do a little juggle with metropolis from time to time. I'm not very consistant but when it works it has been known to 'set off the dance' (y)

look forward to hearing it if I see you play out some time

When i first started mixing bout 3 years ago i always struggled with Body Rock by Andy C and Shimon nowadays i can drop it fine but back when i started it used to do my head in...

Ra is one of the most awkward, especially if you want to double drop it

Here is a trick to perfect double dropping of Ra everytime. Play the first 4 bars in your headphones then cue from the first beat of the 5th bar. You then have 16 bars until it drops.

Here is a trick to perfect double dropping of Ra everytime. Play the first 4 bars in your headphones then cue from the first beat of the 5th bar. You then have 16 bars until it drops.

I know thats the way I tend to do it, its just awkward

LOL, I think I am a long way from "Double Dropping"....

If you can mix tracks normally its just same, you just need to learn your tracks and read the grooves on the vinyl... Then you can just look at a vinly an see where you need to drop a tune in to double drop it...

never really had problems with mixing anything but...

forever vip used to piss me off!

When mixing that tune with a pioneer mixer eg... when u have the bass down the mixer, the bass is down on your head phones aswell

when ure playing out,,, that intro is pretty much a bass getting faster and faster... and its in sync

but when u have no bass in ure headphones, it was pretty hard 2 follow

allways thought why didnt the cu*t put the odd hi hat 2 make it a bit more dj friendly

i think it's better to drop it in 4 bars before the next break on the other tune then you got the extra 4 bars to make sure it's perfect

Another one thats pretty much impossible to mix is Rocket launcher VIP. Other side to pacman remix (Upbeats). The tempo changes and starts going really fast b4 the drop. Cant mix it for shit!

Back
Top Bottom