Smash N Grab EP

it's like comparing chalk and cheese, they're 3 different artists in their own rights.
3rd degree is a decent roller.
the other tunes on the ep are strong too, change is hectic.
I was talking about production and tune quality.......
The only half decent tune Friction (as an artist - as you put it) has had anything to do with thats original is Robocop and that was a collab.
3rd degree gurns gets slated by all my mates.....namely Fresh, Andy C, Shock One, Culture Shock, Brookes Brothers etc............ People who know the score in general. 3rd Degree gurns makes Jesus cry. LOL.. Its not innovative at all and isn't moving the music forward in any way at all in my opinion. Proper basic!
It's certainly not my bag.

Everione knows that wen they first heard 3rd degree in a rave they went mental! it was a banger!! but i must stress the "was" part in that sentance! its taken farr too long to release and imo they would of made double as mch money if they released it back when it was first being played! the rest of the ep is pretti decent so im gna grab a copy but will prb be able to count on one hand how many times i play the a side!:gun:

yep, i agree. as does everyone, took far too long to be released and ruined the impact the song would have had if it'd been released months and months ago. the ep is pretty solid. it is just a case of it having taken far too long to come out.

I was talking about production and tune quality.......
The only half decent tune Friction (as an artist - as you put it) has had anything to do with thats original is Robocop and that was a collab.
3rd degree gurns gets slated by all my mates.....namely Fresh, Andy C, Shock One, Culture Shock, Brookes Brothers etc............ People who know the score in general. 3rd Degree gurns makes Jesus cry. LOL.. Its not innovative at all and isn't moving the music forward in any way at all in my opinion. Proper basic!
It's certainly not my bag.

i wouldn't expect to go to a rave and hear any of those djs played 3rd degree. so.... that's pretty obvious.
not every song has to innovate, or push the music forward. some of it is just there for enjoyment, and to envoke a certain feeling; espeically on the dancefloor, and often the most basic tunes achieve this far more than any innovative master piecess.

overtime still smashes it as well.

yep, i agree. as does everyone, took far too long to be released and ruined the impact the song would have had if it'd been released months and months ago. the ep is pretty solid. it is just a case of it having taken far too long to come out.

i wouldn't expect to go to a rave and hear any of those djs played 3rd degree. so.... that's pretty obvious.
not every song has to innovate, or push the music forward. some of it is just there for enjoyment, and to envoke a certain feeling; espeically on the dancefloor, and often the most basic tunes achieve this far more than any innovative master piecess.

overtime still smashes it as well.
I think that every producer should aspire to be innovative and be remembered for taking the music forward or making great music in my opinion.
Keeping things simple can be a good thing - however - the embarrassing sweaty pilled monkeys that hang over the front railing infront of the stage at a rave making nobs out of themselves are the only people who i see dancing to this tune because its clown step........for clowns! The evedence is on any freebie DVD from a large party.......Shameless

Back
Top Bottom