Reason 4 Opinions

i think by "clips" he means those little sections you can draw with the pencil on the sequencer.

i found Reason 4 slightly slow to work with right at the beginning (as I was stuck on R2 for years lol!) but after using it a bit - now i can't live without it :D

Im using Reason 4 with Cubase SX trough ReWire.
Reaktor is the best (endless possibilities) but more complicated.

Last edited:
i love reason to the core. i've used every version including reason 1. ah the good ol' daze!

Yeah where the fuck is the line tool!

I rewire reason into cubase but i usually make my choons in reason 4 because it so quick and easy. If only reason would include VST, why don't they? Imagine if you could wire directly into vsts.

REASON IS SICK FOR MAKING DNB

The line tool is there, use your key commands, when your editing velocity or something select the pencil tool and then hold down ctrl (if on a mac i think its apple)

But yeh reason is wicked, i rewire with ableton so i can record audio and time stretch, all you need.

Like i said there IS NO LINE TOOL, you click the two points u want to draw a line from point a to point b and it does it for you.

And the reason it doesnt support VST is becuase it basically IS a VST, hense why u can rewire it with cubase, nuendo or whatever u want.

Thats the beauty of reason, it doesnt have to be a stand alone daw

I think i have reason used at its maximum potential now, have for a long while and i really need to get hold of Cubase now, as this is restricting me.

I think i have reason used at its maximum potential now, have for a long while and i really need to get hold of Cubase now, as this is restricting me.

I'm in a similar position (although my laptop is partly to blame too.). I wasn't gonna bother upgrading tp 4 and just rewire 3 with Cubase, but as I've heard some many people praise it and say how much of an improvment 4 is on 3 I may reconcider.

Yeah 4 is a massive improvement man for sure, but when you have litterally battered reason to the extent you can do no more on it, and not find anything new its time to change

I'm in sort of the same situation as well, I wouldn't say I use Reason to its full potential but i've got Cubase SX3 and have never really used it apart from for the mixdown! its just a lot of effort to try and learn to use Cubase when you can pretty much make do with just Reason...

yeah man i think to some degree or other i will always use Reason :D although like Zeal i'm slowly makin the move to Cubase (i've actually had cubase for a long time just never bothered to learn it too much as i hadn't got my hands on lots of VSTi's at the time)

at the moment i use 90% reason and 10% cubase, slowly i will start using cubase more purely for the flexibilty i get with workin in audio and ofcourse the limitless posibilities with plug-ins ;)

i still aint on it, used to use nuendo but reason is a lot easier to work for a beginner.
Now having litterally hammered the shit out of it, its time to broaden my horizons.
Juts being able to do collabs a lot easier too will be great, the amount ive had to turn down from respectable people cos i use reason and cant easily listen to it all is silly. :(

2009 is another year, ill get cubase and keep ur eyes peeled. ;)

i still aint on it, used to use nuendo but reason is a lot easier to work for a beginner.
Now having litterally hammered the shit out of it, its time to broaden my horizons.
Juts being able to do collabs a lot easier too will be great, the amount ive had to turn down from respectable people cos i use reason and cant easily listen to it all is silly. :(

2009 is another year, ill get cubase and keep ur eyes peeled. ;)

Wana sell your copy of reason off cheaply to me then???wut!

The line tool is there, use your key commands, when your editing velocity or something select the pencil tool and then hold down ctrl (if on a mac i think its apple)

But yeh reason is wicked, i rewire with ableton so i can record audio and time stretch, all you need.

SAFE

i just ordered a copy of ableton and i have been writing loops in reason for about 5 months er so (and i am up to 55 loops). A really good friend of mine swears by this combos as Ableton opens up the Door to use VSTi and offers a really flexible system to play live sets.

reason 4 is ill! i use it to make ma beats n breaks, then use either cubase or live to sequence it. Daaarrrkkk setup :D

Back
Top Bottom