Phace - Shape The Random LP (Neosignal Recordings) Out March 2015

lbX1_J7y6IE.jpg

Well that's fucking shit if it got leaked. Any confirmation that it has been leaked?

What a shame...

Everyone needs to take a page outta Kasra's playbook. That man can hide anything! :teeth:

phace was one of the guys that always surprised me with their ideas. I think of basic memory, cold champagne or blind faith (obviously not counting all the noisia collabs that were always outside the box) ...but the stuff I heard on his soundcloud from the LP is horrible - all I really dislike in nowadays neuro pushed by mefjus and dozens of others. He's straight slithering into the same throwaway stuff. Such a shame. :(

Some massive tunes on this LP...shame I am once again a bit disappointed about what has been pressed. Flaky and Imbalanced are huge, whereas I think The Mothership is really underwhelming (thought that collab would be nuts). Digital Diet doesn't do it for me really either. I Am is cool, Automatic is funky, Suspense is a cool changeup, Fraktal Total and Shape the Random on the EP are sick...I really wish I knew how the tracks that get pressed are chosen from these projects.

The Mothership is basically the best tune both Phace & Mefjus has put out in a long time. The LP is ok'ish, but nothing too spectacular. Somewhere along the lines of the new Spor LP. Good for listening through once, pick few odd tunes to play out and throw the rest away.

The Mothership is basically the best tune both Phace & Mefjus has put out in a long time. The LP is ok'ish, but nothing too spectacular. Somewhere along the lines of the new Spor LP. Good for listening through once, pick few odd tunes to play out and throw the rest away.

That's the only tune I don't understand. It is something different, but in my opinion a little bit shite...

Some massive tunes on this LP...shame I am once again a bit disappointed about what has been pressed. Flaky and Imbalanced are huge, whereas I think The Mothership is really underwhelming (thought that collab would be nuts). Digital Diet doesn't do it for me really either. I Am is cool, Automatic is funky, Suspense is a cool changeup, Fraktal Total and Shape the Random on the EP are sick...I really wish I knew how the tracks that get pressed are chosen from these projects.

just listening through this album again deciding if I wanna for out for the EP (mainly for Fraktal Total), and thought I would check out what tunes have sold well on Beatport to see if my initial feelings on the release and what was pressed was close...
1) Fraktal Total (as mentioned above, I love it)
2) My Mind Is Modular (tis OK)
3) Imbalanced (WHY WASN'T THIS PRESSED????)
4) Flaky (as above)
5) Digital Diet (not really a fan)
6) Shape the Random (big)

so 2 of the top 4 are not on either of the vinyl releases...there really needs to be a follow-up 12" with Imbalanced/Flaky...that would be huge!!
(disclaimer* don't see it happening though)

Agree completely bro, not sure what the motivation was for what was selected for the vinyl release, didn't seem right to me either. Exit Plan should have been the last track on the EP, especially because I seen Phace post up on FB that it was the track he was most proud of from the LP.

Back
Top Bottom