New media section?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date
Oh @dnbforum old chap, it doesn't seem to be grabbing the Soundcloud images at all, might be a bug or something?

Great feature tho g, cant wait for it to be full of jump up :p

Im sure youve noticed too but the red Notification button doesnt seem to be clearing/updating..

I'll stop nagging now ha ;)

Oh @dnbforum old chap, it doesn't seem to be grabbing the Soundcloud images at all, might be a bug or something?

Great feature tho g, cant wait for it to be full of jump up :p
Yeah it doesn't do souncloud images, not even manually. They didn't code it. Have to do a major forum upgrade to the next version when that becomes stable.

its slowly turning into this:

useless-things-people-care-about-way-too-much-3-1457701600.gif

so many mbs

i just think with people posting their own mixes and tunes.. and then people posting establised artists.. and jmz posting 80's love music.. some twat'll post thomas the tank engine in a min..

its already a mess to be honest... :lol: great idea! just needs rules..

why not put @ManuForti, @Dark Lizardro and @Vydx in charge (i would of said @SteveR94 aswell but hes abit young :teeth:) and they can post up music from DNBFORUM's production section/new talent section that they have decided is worthy of letting the whole forum know about?? hmm?? and then one day actual labels can come on this forum and they don't have to trawl through the talent section they can just check out DNBFORUMs media section for up and comng artists??

fucking awesome idea @Catsel .

well done mate. :applause:

you should be a fucking admin mate.. srsly.. :beers:

Last edited by a moderator:
i just think with people posting their own mixes and tunes.. and then people posting establised artists.. and jmz posting 80's love music.. some twat'll post thomas the tank engine in a min..

its already a mess to be honest... :lol: great idea! just needs rules..

why not put @ManuForti and @Dark Lizardro in charge (i would of said @SteveR94 aswell but hes abit young :teeth:) and they can post up music from DNBFORUM's production section/new talent section that they have decided is worthy of letting the whole forum know about?? hmm?? and then one day actual labels can come on this forum and they don't have to trawl through the talent section they can just check out DNBFORUMs media section for up and comng artists??

fucking awesome idea @Catsel .

well done mate. :applause:

you should be a fucking admin mate.. srsly.. :beers:

Great idea, although nodding to established artists is a must aswell. In particular ones who come on the forum ie BMT/Fanu/Serum etc. And of course im always interested to see what yourself and all the other regulars are enjoying.

I dunno maybe pin 3 sections when you first open the media tab in a manner not too dissimilar from my comment above... New talent/Established artists/Forum regs and it opens into albums that are most popular not most recent tracks uploaded?

I do like it a lot though, in particular for inspiration and potentially for keeping up with whats new.... hmmm yea that can be another pinned section "whats new". So many ways you can go with it if its easy enough to implement.

whatever it ends up being.. you can't let everyone be in control.. one or two people shud steer that ship... obviously not anrew @Moskit who should prob be banned from that section :lol:

also where the fuck is karl @logikz

It can be done. We can create categories and display those catergories as default. Sort by rating is also possible.

Then the albums section can be for anyone to share anything and you don't see it unless you click on it.

Ok so I've switched to album view now.

So just create a new album eg. Established Artists, Forum Regulars, New Releases, New Talent, Jump Up... ect. and then set Add Media to Album to Custom Users and specify the users who can post to that album. If the album is good, it will get good ratings.

Then I'll work out how to sort by ratings as default. Or we can just link to the good albums in the sidebar.

Looks good on my phone, i think the thumbnails look very big on my pc though. Can they be smaller?

Might get busy in there and we wont see many albums.

This is a really cool feature @dnbforum
I think maybe make a thread in general or do one of those forum notification things to make people aware of it and how it works etc.?

This is a really cool feature @dnbforum
I think maybe make a thread in general or do one of those forum notification things to make people aware of it and how it works etc.?
Can do, I've switched it on with no rules to see how it all works and then we can improve things from there.

Back
Top Bottom