New liquid dnb track (feedback)

Chinetix

Yeah, so basically i want some feedback for this track i finished. Mixdown, problems that needs to be solved, if so.
I think the kick hits to hard but i wanted the drums to pop up from the rest of the melody.
clickhere

Sounds pretty good!
Only, those filter sweeps, I personally don't like those fast sweeps. From the moment it gets a wooshing feel, I feel it gets a cheap feel to it.
Otherwise good work man!

Yeah, i think that's a problem that needs to be solved, with that filter. It changes to frequently. I think ill let just one change on that automation filter. This idea came from others like: Nelver, SATL, Loz Contreras, Silence Groove etc. They use a filter and low pass the sample after 16 bars. Otherwise it will be mainstream, same beat over and over again.
Someone suggested me to add some vocals to it, maybe thats the answer, but finding the right vocals is pretty hard tho :|

Yea the idea is great. It what gives variation in the tune. But indeed, I'd just stick with one change on the 16th bar. What I also do alot, is fading things in and out. Fading a piano in over 24 bars, while a pad is fading out, stuff like that.
Yea finding vocals is a bitch. I'd love to use more vocals myself, but I just can't find vocal's that fit

So this is what i managed to change, i placed there some chopped vocals and i got rid of the fades.
Feedback would be appreciated.
here

I quite like this one and it took me a while to find the filter sweeps everyone was banging on about as it felt ok to me. I'd been placing the playhead through at different parts back and forth, then I noticed it. I think it's down to how abrupt it appears when it goes from low to high, almost cutting out the sound entirely (although I personally don't think it's that bad to be an actual issue). I don't think it'd be as noticeable also if there were vocals on this and that's something this track it itching for with the way it's been arranged. Without vocal I'd have probably gone for an additional element, possible some sort of piano to add a bit of a lead in there in placement of the lack of a vocal. I kind of imagined this sort of thing to come in from where the perc rolls come in during the breakdown. It's a nice sounding track though which just needs a bit more of a variation to keep it interesting and less repetitive. Vocals would have solved this for you, but if you have issues getting those in there, then you have to start thinking outside the box with the sounds and arrangement you use.

There's something quite Total Science about the groove, and if you're gonna get liquid inspiration from anywhere they're a damn solid pick xD.

Listened to the new version; I think the filter drop around the 2:58-3:00 min mark is a bit too abrupt; maybe making it more gradual over another 8 bars would make it seem more natural.

Other than that though sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom