My 1st ever track :: Danny Intro - Clogg Clappin (Free Me)

Danny_Intro

VIP Junglist
Been coming on this forum for a number of years on and off and always enjoyed it.
So happy to say iv finally made my first track after listening to Drums and Bass for 14 years !

I started producing in October this year off my mates lappy so iv really only been on Logic a handful of times an at the moment using samples for now. But interested to hear what people might think, so here you are

ANY FEEDBACK AT ALL IS WELCOME :)

Awesome start to the track! Great drums and that soundscape is brilliant then _ OOPS hmmm what's that strange piano - the chords don't sit with the pad and there are several key clashes throughout. The drums sound nice and at the drop it sounds pretty sick apart from the discordant tone. Sometimes there are areas where you could almost argue that the discordant feel is deliberate and adds to the track but mostly it just sounds a little disjointed.

I'm really impressed by certain elements of your track and it has loads of potential but it is compromised by various key clashes with other layers in your track. Amazing to think this is your very first track though! If you find it hard to identify if there is anything wrong with your chords - move the notes around and play them back to yourself again and repeat this until you locate what sounds best with the other layers.

Welcome back to the forum!

Awesome start to the track! Great drums and that soundscape is brilliant then _ OOPS hmmm what's that strange piano - the chords don't sit with the pad and there are several key clashes throughout. The drums sound nice and at the drop it sounds pretty sick apart from the discordant tone. Sometimes there are areas where you could almost argue that the discordant feel is deliberate and adds to the track but mostly it just sounds a little disjointed.

I'm really impressed by certain elements of your track and it has loads of potential but it is compromised by various key clashes with other layers in your track. Amazing to think this is your very first track though! If you find it hard to identify if there is anything wrong with your chords - move the notes around and play them back to yourself again and repeat this until you locate what sounds best with the other layers.

Welcome back to the forum!

This is brilliant advice, thank you so much, this is the kind of thing iv been needing to hear.
I know what I want the track to sound like, but getting the those finishing touches im finding difficult so this is great.
Will have a little play with it and see if I can build on what youve said - cheers for taking the time :)

Back
Top Bottom