MOTHERSHIP - DARK

the intro on this tune is on point but the dropped lacked energy.
im all for minimal drops but if you're aiming for that style of drop you need to get all your sounds in the drop sounding as Tight and clean as possible. i suggest taking a look at the snare make it stand our more in the mix,
maybe add some white noise or a cymbal on the drop so it feels like its on purpose.

Cool track though, it has a lot of potential

Ben

Last edited:
the intro on this tune is on point but the dropped lacked energy.
im all got minimal drops but if you're aiming for that style of drop you need to get all your sounds in the drop sounding as Tight and clean as possible. i suggest taking a look at the snare make it stand our more in the mix,
maybe add some white noise or a cymbal on the drop so it feels like its on purpose.

Cool track though, it has a lot of potential

Ben

Agree here.

I thought the idea is totally sick though and I like how you dropped it but agree to the point that if you're aiming for a more minmal track everything needs to sound super tight. The kick and the snare would have to sound crisp and snappy to pierce through that bass. Otherwise what you will find is that on a big system all you will hear is a blaring sound of bass. I like how you pulled it back by removing most elements before the drop, I thought it was pretty dope but maybe after 8 bars after the drop I'd then add a clean break or shuffles to really start progressing the track!

Back
Top Bottom