Mikkandro - Gunfingers #1

Mikkandro

COPENHAGEN
VIP Junglist
Haven't posted this one yet, don't know why, but here is the first installment of what hopefully can be a long mix series.

http://www.mixcloud.com/Mikkandro/gunfingers-1/

Phace & Misanthrop - What's Wrong
Noisia & The Upbeats - Dustup
Octane, DLR & Break - Murmur
Amoss - Real Talk
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix)
Noisia & Joe Seven - Hand Gestures
Break - Love So True
Spinline - Darpa
Break & Silent Witness - The Hills Have Ears
DRS & Dub Phizix - Play Wid Fire
Wintermute - Out of Scale (Mefjus Remix)
Kodo - The Jackal (dBridge Remix)
Maztek - Galactica
Metrik - Drift
Break - Who We Are
Culture Shock - Protection
Villem, Fields & Mako - Ascent
Break - Kicked To Death

Really great mix bro! Dat opening! I remember picking my jaws after I first heard it in the favourite double drops thread :D Been doing Dustup >> Murmur myself, another wicked blend imo. Honestly can't fault any of this, tracklist is one big tune after another, each of them blends sounding wicked. I admire you're not afraid to change the style, namely Out Of Scale Remix >> Jackal Remix was really bald yet it worked a treat. Personal favourite has to be Who We Are >> Protection, really musical blend, loveliness! Looking forward to hear the next one :)

Really great mix bro! Dat opening! I remember picking my jaws after I first heard it in the favourite double drops thread :D Been doing Dustup >> Murmur myself, another wicked blend imo. Honestly can't fault any of this, tracklist is one big tune after another, each of them blends sounding wicked. I admire you're not afraid to change the style, namely Out Of Scale Remix >> Jackal Remix was really bald yet it worked a treat. Personal favourite has to be Who We Are >> Protection, really musical blend, loveliness! Looking forward to hear the next one :)

Thanks a lot man! Yesss, love that Who We Are >> Protection blend too, actually think it is one of the best I have done. Glad you liked the selection and the blending :D

I think I have the next one ready actually, but I don't really know when I will upload it yet. ;)

From the get go was bang into this ! What an intro !
'Murmur' followed nicely 'Jaipur' was a killer drop - 'Play wid fire' is where the mix grabbed me again, although everything was rolling and then 'out of scale' brought the pressure !! the only track i didnt like was that Metrik one, but thats just personal preference, the rest of it was bangin, short but very big mix !

I'll get involved in this Mikkandro. I like the name for the series & the intro tune was wicked. I know we've probably all heard it before, but doesn't move the fact that its a beast of a tune. Dustup - Murmur was a pretty interesting listen, just couldn't hear enough Dustup for my liking, but sounded good none the less. Murmur - Real Talk rolled nicely together, but felt Murmur sat back from the mix a bit again. Really felt the Jaipur rmx - Real Talk mix, but Real Talk dropped out a little early for me. Another 32 bars of the mix would have been cool. Nice one for playing Hand Gestures in the mix. Not heard that in a while, loved it when it came out & still do. Levels on the mix with Jaipur rmx were just right for me, you could hear the hooks in each tune nicely complimenting each other. Love So True is a quality tune, I just need to find something that goes well with it. Darpa works really well with it man, nice find there. Hills Have Ears flowed well off the end of Darpa. Enjoyed the vocal of Play With Fire coming in at the breakdown of Hill Have Ears. Not heard that Out Of Scale (Mefjus Remix) before. Pretty pounding & relentless in the mix. The Jackal rmx came in pretty unexpectedly, but hit hard & was effective + when the Out Of Scale synth continued in the background taking off, that was pretty good. The mixes up to Kicked To Death flowed well, but tune selection wasn't my cup of tea, although was nice ending the mix in KTD.

A wicked listen to start the week on man. I hope the next instalment is as entertaining :)

I'll check it out and tell you what i thought about it. Tracklist looks ravey

Nice one man :)

not sure why I havent checked this.

On it Mikkandro.

Safe mate :)

From the get go was bang into this ! What an intro !
'Murmur' followed nicely 'Jaipur' was a killer drop - 'Play wid fire' is where the mix grabbed me again, although everything was rolling and then 'out of scale' brought the pressure !! the only track i didnt like was that Metrik one, but thats just personal preference, the rest of it was bangin, short but very big mix !

Thanks mate, glad you liked it. Yeah maybe the Metrik track wasn't really fitting the rest of the selection as much, but I was pretty massive on that tune when I recorded it, so had to bring it. :D

Thanks for listening and for the great feedback.

I'll get involved in this Mikkandro. I like the name for the series & the intro tune was wicked. I know we've probably all heard it before, but doesn't move the fact that its a beast of a tune. Dustup - Murmur was a pretty interesting listen, just couldn't hear enough Dustup for my liking, but sounded good none the less. Murmur - Real Talk rolled nicely together, but felt Murmur sat back from the mix a bit again. Really felt the Jaipur rmx - Real Talk mix, but Real Talk dropped out a little early for me. Another 32 bars of the mix would have been cool. Nice one for playing Hand Gestures in the mix. Not heard that in a while, loved it when it came out & still do. Levels on the mix with Jaipur rmx were just right for me, you could hear the hooks in each tune nicely complimenting each other. Love So True is a quality tune, I just need to find something that goes well with it. Darpa works really well with it man, nice find there. Hills Have Ears flowed well off the end of Darpa. Enjoyed the vocal of Play With Fire coming in at the breakdown of Hill Have Ears. Not heard that Out Of Scale (Mefjus Remix) before. Pretty pounding & relentless in the mix. The Jackal rmx came in pretty unexpectedly, but hit hard & was effective + when the Out Of Scale synth continued in the background taking off, that was pretty good. The mixes up to Kicked To Death flowed well, but tune selection wasn't my cup of tea, although was nice ending the mix in KTD.

A wicked listen to start the week on man. I hope the next instalment is as entertaining :)

Wow wicked post man, can really use this very detailed advice. Glad you still enjoyed the mixes even if the selections at the end was not your cup of tea. Yes Hand Gestures is such a lovely tune, grabbed that 6 minute DJ version from Beatport so I could finally mix it properly. Love how it blends with Jaipur too.

Thanks again. :D

Last edited:
looks really good man. will check it when i get a sec
also ur name reminds me of
704695.jpg

have u got a download link anywhere?

I really liked these transitions

Amoss - Real Talk
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix)
Noisia & Joe Seven - Hand Gestures
Break - Love So True

Thanks man :)

looks really good man. will check it when i get a sec
also ur name reminds me of
704695.jpg

have u got a download link anywhere?

Nice one Teddy

Haha yeah I can see why, didn't now it was a chocolate too though :D

Yes uploaded it to dnbshare:
http://dnbshare.com/download/Gunfingers1.mp3.html

just my cup of tea - talk about heavy mix :O. realtalk is such a sick tune, was about to use this in my new mix too. everything is top notch - selection (tunes go well together) and mixing...i like longer mixes tho, so it's like a journey, a story or something - 30 or 40 min mixes are too short for me. :)

Ahh mate, that is a real nice mix!

as everyone said it had a nice flow to it, and most of the tunes are bang on (I don't like play wid fire or that metrik tune but otherwise it's awesome) and you played hand gestures. I remember that being played a lot around the same time as patience, strange science and floating zero so I never felt it got the attention it deserved so glad to hear it here!

and Yeah those mixes with protection were so nice, I hadn't realised that tune was ascent either so that was nice to find out. KTD is one hell of a tune as well!

that blend from protection to ascension was pure murder!! :) rest wasn't too shabby either, really liked the EQing a lot especially on the blend from out of scale (mefjus remix) to the jackal (dbridge remix) and hills have ears to playing with fire

so big up from my side, looking forward to your next

Back
Top Bottom