DnB Jump Up Drum and Bass Track

You need to put in soo much work I recommend just going to YouTube and searching how to make drum and bass really, sorry if I'm coming across really bluntly, check out a guy that goes by the name SeamlessR he does start to finish tutorials on lots of music but mostly dnb and also he does a 'how to bass' series really good stuff and really educational hope this helps

Thanks , much appreciated, Its my first track so i know improvement can be made.
You need to put in soo much work I recommend just going to YouTube and searching how to make drum and bass really, sorry if I'm coming across really bluntly, check out a guy that goes by the name SeamlessR he does start to finish tutorials on lots of music but mostly dnb and also he does a 'how to bass' series really good stuff and really educational hope this helps

You've obviously worked out how to make a basic tune in your DAW which is a good start. I understand this is your 1st track and I commend you for working and getting this far. It sounds like the elements you have used are basic presets and unaltered samples (forgive me if I'm wrong). I would suggest the next step is to get some good VST's (FM8, Serum, Z3TA) if you don't have them already and read the manuals to get a good idea of how sound and sound synthesis works. It may sound boring but trust me, reading the manuals and working with the machines while you read will put you miles ahead of a lot of producers if you understand what is written. Once you've learned how to make the types of sounds you want, then create an arsenal of audio to use in projects. What you will have read in the manuals will also help you to understand how sounds work together and about basic effects and EQ which you can draw from when working on your projects (arrangement, mixing, structure etc.)
When being creative it's important to be able to get your ideas down fast, so the more proficient you are with the machines or the more sounds you have as audio on your hard drive that you've created before hand, the easier it will be for you to get those ideas down.
Good luck with it and keep learning mate. Hit me up if you get stuck, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Back
Top Bottom