DnB Inertz - Even if I

nice concept for sure, very lush. mixdown could be better, its a bit.. dark? Also.. quite loopy. Great potential here to make something really cool.

Aye, these rolling piano sounds are super nice, and really like the way it interacts with the vocal drone and the slight pitch bends. I'd put some more focus into the break on this track. Live sounding stuff can often sound sweet with this kind of instrumentation, try layering some jazzy sounding breaks with some variation throughout and this could be big!

i agree with xiris about the mixdown!! i fele the darkness of the mixdown is helping the concept come through but it's a little too much so. It could have more room to breathe between the elements for sure, i feel it could benefit from a nicely dialed in reverb to put the track into more of an open space :D

- Uprising

i agree with xiris about the mixdown!! i fele the darkness of the mixdown is helping the concept come through but it's a little too much so. It could have more room to breathe between the elements for sure, i feel it could benefit from a nicely dialed in reverb to put the track into more of an open space :D

- Uprising
hey!

thanks for your feedback ! you mean reverb to the whole concept or only for some elements ?

hey!

thanks for your feedback ! you mean reverb to the whole concept or only for some elements ?
Id make a return track for the reverb, send an element of the track to it that sounds the most dry and in need of "space" to be put into in order to not sound so dry/dark, dial in the reverb as perfect as you can to have it sit as natural as you can, you want it to sound like it absolutely needs the reverb. then i would experiment heavily with sending different elements to the reverb in different amount to see what the best balance of reverb throughout the elements could be to my own ears. I usually end up having a small,medium and large reverb send set up using the same plugin/algorithm to create the illusion that any element that has reverb on it sound like its in the same space as the other elements with reverb. sends also help to drastically reduce CPU usage because u will only ever use 3 reverb plugins and there is no limit to how many sounds you can send to them. Hope this helps!!!

hey, so i'm listening to this again, and I've got some ideas. Piano: it needs more presence.. Try running the piano through a saturator (use parallel processing) to try and thicken it out a bit, while maintaining the "real" element of it. I'd use Soundtoys' Little Radiator dialed in at 20-40% with like 5% heat (aka input gain) boost and see what happens, but give it a go with whatever saturator you've got!
I've been mucking about with side-chaining reverb to dial back as the dry sound plays, then dials itself back in as the dry sound fades away. you could use that here to get the piano's transient's to hit really nicely, then have the rest of it filled out with the reverb as the root notes fade away, giving you that substance-to-space effect. put an eq after the reverb.. raise the high and low pass for more airiness, reduce them both to make things darker but fuller.

Same goes for the vocal.. maybe even bus them together then side chain the reverb off of the bus so that it fills out the space when your 2 main elements are quieter?

It'd also be nice to have some piano riffs an octave up complimenting the 4th bar of your loops to give the track more of a dynamic and emotional base.

that kick drum also really sticks out.. pull it back a bit maybe? could just be the headphones i'm using atm. plz take with grain of salt.

I'm just throwing some ideas out for you, really just the stuff i'd be trying if i was working on this track. Please do with it as you will, and i hope at least one thing i said here helps you develop your sound further.

Cheers mate,

Last edited:
I agree in terms of the kick drum. It seems like the fundamental has been boosted a bit too much.

I think the kick would benefit by attenuating the fundamental slightly and boosting the hi's a touch.

Back
Top Bottom