DJ CONTAKT - TECH, STEP & ROLL VOL.1

Quality mix mate, absolute vibes, No Fear into Proteus was a big mix. loved the selection. proper tight mixing. Big up

Heavy ting ya get meh.

Nice one for the heads up. I hardly check these pages now lol.
Selection's top notch. :rolf:

nice mix man. my sort of tunes for sure and it is good to see bonsai run getting love from someone other than me!

Stray - Saturday is a riddim too man, hadn't appreciated that before.

Basically every song I have in that TL (about 2/3s of them) I rinse anyway, so i gotta a lot of love for all of them and this mix

Lovely mix man, rinsing the soundcloud app on my phone whenever I can

Reminded me of how much a tune 'Run' is. I remember when it was floating around on dub, Sigma said "..the problem with a tune like this is that, when you play it, it makes everything else sound shit..". YEP

yes wayne!
this was wicked, well impressed, why its taken you this long to grace us with a mix i dont know.

into was wicked, all 3 tunes are personal favourites of mine and were mixed brilliantly.

breach > proteus was cool but not my fav mix
no fear was wicked, really liked it.
underprint was safe too, came in a lil loud but otherwise swish.
basic memory - oh gosh.. will be trying this myself later, wicked blend.
unit shifter was fiya
food fight > stonehead was cool, think i would have prefered the bass eq's the other around way tho.
bonsai run - just awesome.
stay calm was swish, i swear it says mogwai in this tune. reminds me of mogwai's, which is nice.
saturday - mix was lush.
merica - such a tune, completley forgot about this one.
merica > transmission was nice, bit heavy treble on treble action but still good.
organiser > s science was nom
detroit - fucking yeah! loved this mix
diffusion - great mix to finish on.

really liked it man. tracklist was right up my street, didnt even mind the hazard bits.
mixing was safe! you work well with those a&h filters, i really need to have a go on one myself.
only thing i didn't like was the 2 min silence at the end, cut off the excess audio in a wave editor.
looking forward to vol 2 man!

Nice one for the comments and feedback lads. Really appreciate you taking the time to listen to it.

@ Sam: Saturday is a sick tune. Proper glitchy roller. I was a little worried about that mix cos the drop on Saturday isnt that obvious but i managed to get it right which i was happy with.

@ Spyto: Yep.... Run is defo one of those kind of tunes that can overshadow the tune its put with. I find it can be a little mid-rangey so you have to get the EQing right but sat with another roller like Something Else it just seemed to work. Honestly though...i'm fucking happy with that mix as my intro. Even I grin and screwface when i listen back to it! Cheers for checking bro.

@ Teddy: Thank you for the feedback fella. Tbh, I knew my EQing could be a little better and i think the more i learn about recording and reading levels in the mixer and Logic i'll get it right. Underprint is quitye a loud tune so i see why you'd pick that out. I did 3 takes of this and on the second take Underprint came in so loud it was riduculous. A lot of the mixes you pointed out as your faves were some of mine too.

But again, cheers for checking it out you lot. I might post up the second mix thats on my page for people to check out. Its more a club set but i quite like it.

Last edited:
Finally managed to give it a listen. Banging mix Wayne! Only transition I wasn't completely a fan of was Basic Memory to DJ Friendly Unit Shifter. Highlights were definitely first three tunes, then Proteus -> No Fear -> Underprint and Food Fight -> Stonehead -> Bonsai Run -> Stay Calm :)

Finally managed to give it a listen. Banging mix Wayne! Only transition I wasn't completely a fan of was Basic Memory to DJ Friendly Unit Shifter. Highlights were definitely first three tunes, then Proteus -> No Fear -> Underprint and Food Fight -> Stonehead -> Bonsai Run -> Stay Calm :)

Hahaha. a lot of people who've listened to it seem to like the intro mixes, was definitely a good idea to drop Run over Something Else RMX now. And No Fear > Underprint has been getting a lot of love too. Overall i'm pleased with how a lot of those mixes turned out

Big up your chest bro. Thanks for checking it

Wicked mix, wicked tune selection, some mixes in there that i wouldn't have thought to do... proteus -> no fear was good... basic memory -> unit shifter was sick.... your levels are pretty spot on.

only thing i would say is at some of the drops it sounded very slightly out of time but corrected pretty quickly.

some wicked tracks i haven't heard before but will be getting (especially bonsai run)

Wicked mix, wicked tune selection, some mixes in there that i wouldn't have thought to do... proteus -> no fear was good... basic memory -> unit shifter was sick.... your levels are pretty spot on.

only thing i would say is at some of the drops it sounded very slightly out of time but corrected pretty quickly.

some wicked tracks i haven't heard before but will be getting (especially bonsai run)

Nice one man

Thought I'd pop back and leave some feedback for ya wayne.

First up the tune selection is right up my street, anything with something else is an instant listen.
The opening couple of teases were pretty slick.

Then
Hazard - Proteus [Playaz]
Enei ft. Riya - No Fear [Critical]
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint [Invisible] - was some nuts stuff. Love mixing no fear.

& Lomax - Mercia [Ram]
>>> Enei - One Chance - Mercia is one of my favourite Lomax tunes, makes regular appearances on my decks! Thought this was a nice little split.

Enjoyed the end, havent heard diffusion in a mix in a while so was good to end on a high note.

Didnt spot any bad beatmatching errors, maybe EQing slightly differently on a few mixes may have made it flow a little better, but im being picky really...

All in all. Top stuff, you must have the time of your life on that Xone 92...my DJM600 just aint got nothing on it!
Will check your other one posted shortly.

ez.

Thought I'd pop back and leave some feedback for ya wayne.

First up the tune selection is right up my street, anything with something else is an instant listen.
The opening couple of teases were pretty slick.

Then
Hazard - Proteus [Playaz]
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint [Invisible] - was some nuts stuff. Love mixing no fear.

& Lomax - Mercia [Ram]
>>> Enei - One Chance - Mercia is one of my favourite Lomax tunes, makes regular appearances on my decks! Thought this was a nice little split.

Enjoyed the end, havent heard diffusion in a mix in a while so was good to end on a high note.

Didnt spot any bad beatmatching errors, maybe EQing slightly differently on a few mixes may have made it flow a little better, but im being picky really...

All in all. Top stuff, you must have the time of your life on that Xone 92...my DJM600 just aint got nothing on it!
Will check your other one posted shortly.

ez.

Cheers Stu. Thanks for lisyening and the feedback. Muchos appreciated bro. West London reopresenting in this bitch!

Yeah, the Xone 92 is defo one of the most worthy purchases you can make as a dnb dj IMO. nothing beats using those filters (though mine are starting to go due to over use from battering it for 3 years).

The No Fear / Underprint mix seems to have gone down well. Glad about that. And the intro mixes too.

Big up bruv

Big intro and just rolled from there, liked the mix with Proteus. was great to hear Mercia. Basic Memory >> Unit Shift sounded ill.
Over all tight mix and great selection just rolled nicely

HENCH mix!

No Fear >>> Underprint is some Gunfinger bizniz

Food Fight >>> Stonehead is big!

But the mix that really had me running up the walls was Organizer >>> Strange Science......badman!

Mixing was excellent, EQing couldn't be any better. Just seen you got another mix in this section so I shall check it out mate (y)

I like.
Mix was tight overall although there was a couple of little slips but I can't say that I'm any better!
You fixed them before they became noticeable anyway.

To conclude:
I like your mix, you know how to mix. You mix well. Where did you learn how to mix? Do you have any dedications?

Do you ever play out?

Big intro and just rolled from there, liked the mix with Proteus. was great to hear Mercia. Basic Memory >> Unit Shift sounded ill.
Over all tight mix and great selection just rolled nicely

Cheers man!

HENCH mix!

No Fear >>> Underprint is some Gunfinger bizniz

Food Fight >>> Stonehead is big!

But the mix that really had me running up the walls was Organizer >>> Strange Science......badman!

Mixing was excellent, EQing couldn't be any better. Just seen you got another mix in this section so I shall check it out mate (y)

Yes Pat

Nice one for checking it out geez. Another who seemed to dig the No Fear >> Underprint mix. Proving to be quite popular that one! Organiser >> Strange Science defo gets the face screwed. Glad I nailed it as its a personal favourite. let me know what you think of the other one bro.

I like.
Mix was tight overall although there was a couple of little slips but I can't say that I'm any better!
You fixed them before they became noticeable anyway.

To conclude:
I like your mix, you know how to mix. You mix well. Where did you learn how to mix? Do you have any dedications?

Do you ever play out?

Safe Sam. Big up for listening.

There are a couple of mistakes in there as some of those tunes (as do a lot of techy tunes) dont have the most obvious counts on them so they can be a bitch to get right but I think i did a decent enough job of it.

I havent played out in a while. Planning to soon hopefully

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Completely missed this mate, will give it a whirl. Tracklist is grubbier than an episode of bear grylls.

Hahaha. Yes Dave. Hope you like it man. I think its the kinda mix you would dig

Really enjoyed this one! Tight mixing throughout and as a few others have already said, No Fear >>> Underprint was huge! I thought Organiser >>> Strange Science worked really well too, would definitely be busting out some serious moves if that came on in a club

And if I hadn't heard this mix I would've forgotten about Bonsai Run and wouldn't have put it in my mix! Its such an underrated tune!

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Oh and I'd forgotten all about Mercia as well, was good to hear that again, and all the glitchy bits went really well with One Chance I reckon

Really enjoyed this one! Tight mixing throughout and as a few others have already said, No Fear >>> Underprint was huge! I thought Organiser >>> Strange Science worked really well too, would definitely be busting out some serious moves if that came on in a club

And if I hadn't heard this mix I would've forgotten about Bonsai Run and wouldn't have put it in my mix! Its such an underrated tune!

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Oh and I'd forgotten all about Mercia as well, was good to hear that again, and all the glitchy bits went really well with One Chance I reckon

Nice one geezer!

The feedback on this mix has been really positive. Fuck knows how im gonna follow it up with Vol.2 as this mix is gonna take some beating i think!

Big up everyone who checked it out

Eeeeeeeeez blud,
Sorry I took so long on the feedback, wanted to make sure I gave it a good airing before leaving any comments.
Mix was BAD man, tunes selection was on point. Just goes to show that you dont have to play new tune after new tune to get the vibe running and hearing some older stuff like Mercia, Organiser etc was wicked.

Intro was fire, when you dropped Pulse in it came so out of the blue I completely lost my shit and screwed my face up. Big up on that one!

Some of my other favourite bits were

Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint [Invisible]

Hazard - Food Fight [Playaz]
Enei - Stonehead [Critical]

Lomax - Mercia [Ram]
>>> Enei - One Chance
Basher - Transmission [Ram]
Spectrasoul - Organiser [Critical]
Phace - Strange Science

All killed it! Especially Orgainiser into Strange Science, sick mix.
Beatmatching could have been a bit tighter overall, just a few little slip ups. But nothing that wasnt corrected straight away. You mentioned that alot of the techier tunes dont have an obvious count on the breakdowns so I think you did pretty well overall to keep everything so neat!
To conclude, I liked it alot. Intro was heavy and it rolled so well throughout.
Look forward to the next one man!

:slayer:

Eeeeeeeeez blud,
Sorry I took so long on the feedback, wanted to make sure I gave it a good airing before leaving any comments.
Mix was BAD man, tunes selection was on point. Just goes to show that you dont have to play new tune after new tune to get the vibe running and hearing some older stuff like Mercia, Organiser etc was wicked.

Intro was fire, when you dropped Pulse in it came so out of the blue I completely lost my shit and screwed my face up. Big up on that one!

Some of my other favourite bits were

Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint [Invisible]

Hazard - Food Fight [Playaz]
Enei - Stonehead [Critical]

Lomax - Mercia [Ram]
>>> Enei - One Chance
Basher - Transmission [Ram]
Spectrasoul - Organiser [Critical]
Phace - Strange Science

All killed it! Especially Orgainiser into Strange Science, sick mix.
Beatmatching could have been a bit tighter overall, just a few little slip ups. But nothing that wasnt corrected straight away. You mentioned that alot of the techier tunes dont have an obvious count on the breakdowns so I think you did pretty well overall to keep everything so neat!
To conclude, I liked it alot. Intro was heavy and it rolled so well throughout.
Look forward to the next one man!

:slayer:

Maffu!!!

Big ups for listening rudeboy and for the nice feedback

Back
Top Bottom