BREAK in Southampton

Ah unlucky. What uni you at by the way?

The night finishes at 2 or 3 I think. You could have a sober one. At London Elektricity all I had was a tequila shot and 2 cans of redbull and loved every second of it, felt fine the next day too.

Mr%20Bump.jpg

Chloe im from leicester and travelling to portsmouth from home takes about 3 hours, probs 2 n a half to southampton, just get on the M1, down to the M25 then burn down the M3.

Would love to come and see break but I have an exam on the 26th and 27th which is WANK i might add.

thats gonna be one truly good night man, no MC's! there aint an MC good enough to say ANYTHING over Break doing a set period. you listen, dance or lose yourself in his beats man, the last thing you do is talk all over it, if you can even call that talking. i dont rate a single MC out there. likewise to the fella above - if i want lyrics ill llisten to something else. MC's ruin drumnbass to a large degree, my opinion of course!

COME ON SOUTHAMPTON! BIG TINGZ!!
Saw a flyer in portswood sayin that Nu:Tone & Logistics has been moved to wed 28th. Is this true?
26 BREAK
28 Nu:Tone & Logistics
29 Mampi Swift
Anyone from southampton who didnt know this next one will wet themselves...
Sometime soon at soul cellar (dont know when).....
COMMIX!!!!

COME ON SOUTHAMPTON! BIG TINGZ!!
Saw a flyer in portswood sayin that Nu:Tone & Logistics has been moved to wed 28th. Is this true?
26 BREAK
28 Nu:Tone & Logistics
29 Mampi Swift
Anyone from southampton who didnt know this next one will wet themselves...
Sometime soon at soul cellar (dont know when).....
COMMIX!!!!

Soul Cellar is defo my favourite club down here.
If NU:Tone and Logistics have been moved that would be sick.

Just heard he will be playing some of his new material and remixes for the first time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Exactly, I'd even extend this to all D&B. I find it amazing that people have actually formulated opinions on MCs, I just block them out completely. Quite how someone can say something like "Yeah Shabba has sik lyrics init, DET used 2 b good from about 2005-2006 and Herbzie is mi all tyme favrite" astounds me. When I want to engage with some spoken word, I listen to some classic rappers or The Smiths or Bob Dylan, not some moron rapping double time about semi-automatics over Mr Happy.

Fairplay to the host MCs though (y)

same as that, hes a sick mc.......nd ide love to come to this night in southampton as its so close but im not 18 by then :(

is there alot of drum n bass in southampton? because im starting uni ther in september and would love it if there was? I was at plymouth uni b4 and there was so much dnb dubstep and breaks every week there is was a joke!! any replies would b wikid. nice one.

is there alot of drum n bass in southampton? because im starting uni ther in september and would love it if there was? I was at plymouth uni b4 and there was so much dnb dubstep and breaks every week there is was a joke!! any replies would b wikid. nice one.

Its not that great lol.
I suppose I am extra critical because I come from London.
In all fairness there are some good nights. The actual unis nightclub has some bad nights and the soul cellar is good.
Southampton uni is amazing though mate. You will love it.
Hope to see you in the dj and dance music society in Sep:)

Its not that great lol.
I suppose I am extra critical because I come from London.
In all fairness there are some good nights. The actual unis nightclub has some bad nights and the soul cellar is good.
Southampton uni is amazing though mate. You will love it.
Hope to see you in the dj and dance music society in Sep:)

other than the Square which is bait (unless anil books a good lineup) Soton is shit for dnb (n)

Back
Top Bottom