Bootleg Tips

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Hey all, quick one here.

So I've been wanting to bootleg a few tunes such that one year (maybe 2020) I put out a bootleg a month. But I always wonder how on earth you can isolate clean vocals or just clean any sounds from the original track basically.

Can anyone share some tips here,any plugins that are great at isolating vocals, or any advice for how to go about it without it just sounding like the original sped up with drums?

Cheers!

Ok the key to bootleging is not to get your methonol mixed up with your ethonol. That is how people go blind.

Also, native instruments has an amazing tool that can strip vocals out of tracks or isolate them. I do not own it, but I have seen comercials and it really impressive.

There used to be a freeware thing around 2001 that said it could remove vocals from tunes and make instrumentals. I worked hard to get them to make an 'output the vocals to an acapella file' because I was a fking noob who didn't understand anything, and then it turned out that it didn't work anyway.

There is the old chestnut that if you put the acapella inverted on the full tune you phase cancel the vocals and get a clean instrumental. It might be true but it's never worked in the history of man, also, if they release an acapella they release the instrumental, so it's a non issue.

So fking stupid, I've been knee deep in plugs and analog warmth nonsense when I had no idea what for chords I should write.

There is the old chestnut that if you put the acapella inverted on the full tune you phase cancel the vocals and get a clean instrumental. It might be true but it's never worked in the history of man, also, if they release an acapella they release the instrumental, so it's a non issue.

You can do the same with getting an acapella - Have the original and the instrumental inverted and they phase cancel, but this ends up not being very clean, hence why this RX7 thing really intrigues me

Shit I've been found out...

:lol:
I'm actually glad you messaged in this thread in particular. any tips for vocals as you do in your bootlegs, or do you get it straight from the original unedited?

You can do the same with getting an acapella - Have the original and the instrumental inverted and they phase cancel, but this ends up not being very clean, hence why this RX7 thing really intrigues me

:lol:
I'm actually glad you messaged in this thread in particular. any tips for vocals as you do in your bootlegs, or do you get it straight from the original unedited?

Did you actually do this or are you saying the word on the street since 1997 now

Shit I've been found out...

Lololol link me!

Mazda_RX-7_FD3S_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom