Zip it MC's

M

Member 28845

I was wondering if it was possible using some sort of software to turn down the MC'ing on a set so it doesnt dominate the sound?

Just a thought

Cheers in advance

I was wondering if it was possible using some sort of software to turn down the MC'ing on a set so it doesnt dominate the sound?

Just a thought

Cheers in advance

there might well be a way because if you listen to a lot of accapellas like me then you know that sumtimes people av done summat to drown out the background music, if the opposite could be achieved then bingo. but a pretty pointless reply cos i dont actually know how. sos mate

Crafty filtering or eqing is one option...

With some acapellas, an instrumental version of the original song is run along side the version with the vocals and some subtractive processing (or whatever the name is) is done to remove the musical part, leaving the vocals.

alot of acapellas (especially older ones) were recorded in a studio with the rapper spitting with the beat coming out of a speaker instead of headphones....or the rapper uses headphones but the mic booth and completely soundproof

can you recommend a program

no, because i don't think one exists - not a dedicated one for that function anyway.

The best you'll be able to get is Cubase, Logic, FL Studio etc, load up the song in question as a sample and then use various FX to remove the right tones, you will also be removing some of the original song as well.

cheers for the advice guys, have u tried that vocal remover? i'll try it when i get home

Back
Top Bottom