Zinc - Fairfight - Bingo

DJAccess

Head honcho of Bingo Beats and current golden boy DJ Zinc brings us the much anticipated Fairfight bw As We Do. Orginally planned to feature on Zinc's LP to be released on True Playaz later in the year, Fairfight has switched labels to fit in with the tight TP release schedule that will feature a four track Hype EP followed by a similar style Zinc EP which will include the funky 3 Note.

Everyone who has listened to a Zinc set over the past 8 months should be familiar with this storming dancfloor filler. Did i hear someone say anthem alert... you're not wrong!!! Fairfight opens with typical militant Zinc breaks that make this lead track instantly recognizable. Dropping into a tight catchy and punchy bassline this track just rolls and rolls. Sounding like a hybrid of Zinc's Ska and Hear No Evil this tune is sure to be caned to high heaven now that it's finally on plastic.

Now the B Side may be something of a mystery too many of you. it's something that ive heard a few times before, most noticebly back at a Ransom - True Playaz tour night in Febuary. Opening with an unusual (for Zinc) bongo beat break intertwined with classic True Playaz sampled vocal's "As We Do Our Thing". It has to be said that the first time I heard this tune I had my reservations but this is one that will grow and grow you, no doubt about it. Typical Zinc bass makes this one a guarenteed booty shaker, I cant wait to see those dirty little girls in their hot pants rubbin to this one!!!

:police: :police: :police:

Mwa ha ha ha!!!

BUY ON SIGHTt

You bast!!!!!! How did I know you'd blag yourself a copy of this??? :finger: :D

Seriously tho, that b-side is a tune Ive been trying to ID for fucking ages!!! Check the archives if you dontr believe me!!!!!!

Mulla said:
You bast!!!!!! How did I know you'd blag yourself a copy of this??? :finger: :D

Seriously tho, that b-side is a tune Ive been trying to ID for fucking ages!!! Check the archives if you dontr believe me!!!!!!

*sdm rubs his copy*

Muhahah :)

So it was all you lot that snapped em all up wihthin minutes of them going on Chemical? Hmmph!!! Well see if I care!!! :finger2:

Mulla said:
So it was all you lot that snapped em all up wihthin minutes of them going on Chemical? Hmmph!!! Well see if I care!!! :finger2:

Nah, I hardly ever use Chemical :)

Local shops and 'special promo shops' :finger2:

stuuu said:
'special promo shops' :finger2:

Where payment is sorted by performing "special" favours, right stuuu?. heh.
:rolleyes:

Maybe what dnbforum needs is a new section called the "promo gloating" section where everyone can bang on about what promo's they got in the last few weeks. Seems to be on the increase in here these days...........

Ha Ha! Yeah we could call it the Fisherman's forum!!! Thing is the majority of the posters would be Canadian bedroom DJ's!!!

Mulla said:
Ha Ha! Yeah we could call it the Fisherman's forum!!! Thing is the majority of the posters would be Canadian bedroom DJ's!!!

Like that bloke who got all mixed up thinking that this place was a place to discuss the crash cymbals on his drum kit or whatever it was. That was funny man.

He pm'ed me to tell me that I shouldn't be so rude to him. Dont think he really appreciated the bashing he got on here.

Did anyone else get one of them from him or was it just me?.

Caution said:
stuuu said:

Maybe what dnbforum needs is a new section called the "promo gloating" section where everyone can bang on about what promo's they got in the last few weeks. Seems to be on the increase in here these days...........

If 'paying by Visa' is the same as 'performing special favours', yes i do :finger2:

It seems to me that as soon as you say you got a new promo, everyone assumes that your gloating! If I was to say I picked up something like Warhead this week, nobody would care, but if its a promo, I am a 'promo gloater' ? If your going to do that Caution, I won't even bother mentioning what I picked up, leaving you to do your own 'promo gloating'.

PFFFFFT!! :finger2: </rant>

bah, you're all a bunch of promo whores :shake:

I don't see it as gloating, it provides some of us with info on when stuff is likely to be released.

stuuu said:
Caution said:
stuuu said:

If 'paying by Visa' is the same as 'performing special favours', yes i do :finger2:

It seems to me that as soon as you say you got a new promo, everyone assumes that your gloating! If I was to say I picked up something like Warhead this week, nobody would care, but if its a promo, I am a 'promo gloater' ? If your going to do that Caution, I won't even bother mentioning what I picked up, leaving you to do your own 'promo gloating'.

PFFFFFT!! :finger2: </rant>

If the phrase "*sdm rubs his copy*, Muhahah" isn't trying to gloat about having this particular track then I don't know what is?, can you tell me mate?. Just seems to me like everytime there is a review or someone asking about a particular track there is guaranteed to be one or two replies saying "Yeah, got this track ages ago, been rinsing it hard in the clubs" or "yeah, been playing this for a while, wicked choon" as if its just to make people aware of their 'status' in having a track first or having the track while someone else doesn't. Putting down a post in the thread just to mention you have it and Mulla doesn't IS gloating. Why else did you do it?. I've spoken about this before to another well established member of this board and he feels the same way about it as I do so its not just me on a Monday rant.

I can also honestly say that if you did pick up Warhead I really do doubt that you would be as quick to mention it as you are with a new track like Fair Fight etc etc as it wouldn't carry as much weight.

I don't understand what you mean when you say "If your going to do that Caution, I won't even bother mentioning what I picked up, leaving you to do your own 'promo gloating'.". What do you mean?. What is it that im going to do that will make you stop mentioning what you've picked up?. This is your forum, stuuu. Surely that means you can do what you want with it.

Stuuu, I wasn't trying to pick a fight, I was just poking fun. Lets not fall out. Didn't mean to wind you up but its just something that does my head in about most net forums these days. Too much status hunting and back slapping. Its the same as people putting there own name down when people put down a thread saying "who is the best up and coming dj" but that's another story for another day................

Yeah, it is my forum, but that does not mean a thing. You seem to think I will just delete posts or ban users because I dont like what someone has said? I dont know if thats how you would run things, but its not my style at all.

I said what I said as a joke, obviously some people dont have the same sense of humour as me. Round here, we joke about things like promos, dubs etc. We have proper laugh about this 'gloating' thing, I tried to bring our humour to the board, and it looks like I have been shot down, I wont be trying it again in a hurry :/

Sorry if I was a bit off earlier, had a bit of a mission earlier on today :)

stuuu said:
Yeah, it is my forum, but that does not mean a thing. You seem to think I will just delete posts or ban users because I dont like what someone has said? I dont know if thats how you would run things, but its not my style at all.

I said what I said as a joke, obviously some people dont have the same sense of humour as me. Round here, we joke about things like promos, dubs etc. We have proper laugh about this 'gloating' thing, I tried to bring our humour to the board, and it looks like I have been shot down, I wont be trying it again in a hurry :/

Sorry if I was a bit off earlier, had a bit of a mission earlier on today :)

Woah, hang on a minute. I never said that banning people or deleting posts was an answer to anything. Don't know where you got that idea from, stuuu.

Fair enough if this is all a side to you and your crew's sense of humour but from an outsiders point of view it seems to me that this forum is in danger of falling into the DOA trap of people banging on about what they have just for the sake of it.

I rate this forum second only to the Midlands section on the Arena due to a fair few reasons such as the crew that hang here (who are ALL generally safe) and the general quality of most of the posts. I just don't want to see a good thing go DOA shaped. You know Stuuu, I've hung around here since day one and frequent this place regularly. This site has so much potential with all the new features, I just don't want to see it go pear like DOA did when they started to try and make it into more of a site than a simple forum and things got silly (sample swop, gig guide, auction and all that bollocks that I don't think anyone uses).

I feel a bit of a cunt now because I've made what was just meant to be a general comment seem like a bit of a witch hunt against Stuuu which it was never meant to be. It's nothing personal mate, just a general observation of which I, myself have probably been guilty of a load of times....

Stuuu, apologies. You've done so much for this place that I would never wish for you to think that the work you have done has gone unnoticed by me or anyone else. I myself will be more careful with my own sense of humour in future (the 'special' favours thing was a joke, don't study that......). Lets not fall out, eh?.

All there is to say now is........

LONG LIVE DNB FORUM!!!!

BOH

I'll let it lie from here unless there is anything anyone would like to add......

Nice review Access.

:afro:

Caution said:
This is your forum, stuuu. Surely that means you can do what you want with it.

Reference to that point earlier, I try not to think of it as my forum. When people say things like that it makes me think that they think (mouth full, hehe) of me as someone who goes around deleting posts and banning users as they see fit. I am not like that at all. The only types of posts I would change are ones that are abusive towards the users of dnbforum.

I put time and money (mike is now helping on the cash side) into this forum because I want to build up a large user base of people I like to chat to, in an environment that is not like any other Drum & Bass forum. I like to think I am doing an alright job at the moment.

Thats about all I wanted to add to your comments Caution, I accept your apology, and I hope you accept mine. This thread has gone a bit off the topic hasn't it :)

I am really glad you rate this forum so highly, it means a lot. The only real way dnbforum can grow is by word-of-mouth, if we have more users feeling like you about dnbforum, I am sure this site can go far!

Big ups Caution, and all other users of dnbforum, respect :slayer:

stuuu said:
Thats about all I wanted to add to your comments Caution, I accept your apology, and I hope you accept mine. This thread has gone a bit off the topic hasn't it :)

I am really glad you rate this forum so highly, it means a lot. The only real way dnbforum can grow is by word-of-mouth, if we have more users feeling like you about dnbforum, I am sure this site can go far!

Big ups Caution, and all other users of dnbforum, respect

Peace and Harmony is restored to DNB Forum once again.

Sorry to anyone else I may have offended today on my rant. I don't really know whats wrong with me at the moment. Maybe I could sort one of those board raid things they used to do on DOA to let off some steam. Anyone up for it?.

BOH

Sam Caution....improving relations between Leamington Spa and Portsmouth

This might just be the first gay post on this forum! :shake:

I like Mullas idea about board raiding though. :thumbsup:

1992 said:
This might just be the first gay post on this forum! :shake:

What?, one of mine? or the whole thread?.

If you mean one of mine.......thank you Steve, im truly honoured.

Does this mean that the board raid is on?....

Back
Top Bottom