Drum & Bass Zian - East - Liquid

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Zian, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Zian

Zian New Member

This is my first effort.

If I could get feedback on mixing, EQ and the composition that would be great.

I'm using Logic Express and mostly Massive.

Any other advice or feedback would be great

Thanks,

For what it's worth I'm happy to give feedback on anyone's tracks just link to me

2. pattycake

pattycake Member

There's good stuff here but I'd say your biggest problem is choice of timbre, not a fan of piano or really any of the synths. Percussion sounds okay but yeah bit constant/predictable. Some parts of the track seem to move along nicely but some just pain in my ears. Composition seems a bit slow/uninteresting but keep working on it, you have to read a lot, production is understanding composition/music theory/software/hardware/etc/etc/etc/etc

But yeah definitely let me know what I sound like I'm still just learning too.

3. Zian

Zian New Member

Cheers for listening. I'm checking out 656 33 DnB on your soundcloud now. Will leave a comment on there

Mixed feelings and feedback on instruments. I'm more stuck figuring out layering/EQ'ing bass/snare but I'm going to work on a more Dancefloor/Neuro track next to get a better feel for Synthesis.

4. pattycake

pattycake Member

thanks, i must say though its one of my least favourite tracks so far, i liked it better when it was just the bass you hear near the end and drums. I may even take it back to its roots.