ZeroZero - Psycho (Dark dnb)

ÆÆÆ freaky voice lol.
Drums sounding pretty good i think, ur kick doesent really kick when bass is present tho

SICK INTRO, i would work for a stranger drop... I'm hearing in headphones, but I think your bass need some EQ... and i would work for some variation :)
Nice 1 dude

nice start, intros cool, although it doesnt drop hard enough, bassline needs more impact, smooth is good, but its gotta be hard aswell for this style, at the moment its just kinda floating around the track, your sounds are kool, beats are interesting, its got the makings of something good, but not quite there yet. mixdown is pretty muddy aswell, check your EQ, esp 200-400hz. getting there tho, keep at it! 2nd drop is better, but still not enough impact, probly the harmonics in the bassline pulling it back, so get back on the EQ to bring it to life

yeh man mixdown isnt my strong point, ive barely eqed the bass so maybe i will work on that, any tips? thanks for the words man appreciated!

yeh man mixdown isnt my strong point, ive barely eqed the bass so maybe i will work on that, any tips? thanks for the words man appreciated!

start off checking the freqz around 190-290hz (honkyness), then from 290-400hz (muddyness), these are the freq ranges that can have the biggest impact of the sound of the bassline, use very thin Notch EQ points to get rid of the biggest ones, also check the sub and low range from 95-150hz, often you can find a few notches to pull out there aswell which will bring the sub to life

I say check the freqz...incase ur not sure what I mean, you are looking for frequencies that 'ring out', solo the bass channel and just listen to it for a few minutes, listen for the harmonic changes and see if you can hear any ringing going on, if you cant, add a compressor to the channel, give it a ratio of about 1:2-1:3, and drop the threshold down so that the compressor is flickering a bit, this should bring out the resonant points....easier said than done, it does take a little practice to notice them....if that doesnt work, add a Spectral Analyser and look for the spikes in the ranges I mentioned above, add an EQ point at one of those spikes, set the Q as narrow as possible, then bring the Gain right up**, you should notice the ringing now...they are the points you need to get rid of...but not all of them of course, experiment, and your ears will start telling you which bits you need to get rid of, after a little while doing this, you wont have to use a compressor or analyser, you will hear the rezzy points without them...hope that helps!

**another way to check for freqz is to then sweep the point up and down the frequency spectrum, all the rezzy points will ring out....rememeber to keep the volume LOW on the master and your amp, and dont do this with headfones or u can fuk ur hearing

Last edited:
Love the bass buildup around 1:10. Drums need a tiny bit of sorting as has been said but all in all good work, props man :D

some sick ideas i like where its going...sort ur mixdown out n itll sound dark
miszt's lil guide will help a lot.
and maybe if ur bass had a bit more sculpture to it to, as in ur lfo'd bass.

Back
Top Bottom