Zero Beats - Two Faces

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by JamesZero, Dec 28, 2009.

1. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

New track by me. Something very different from the stuff I normally do. It's a pretty chilled track with a bit of a jungle vibe about it.

I was having troubles with Soundcloud earlier so I have put it on youtube for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgl7im-cSbk

Feed back and comments welcome!

2. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Nice and peaceful track overall, I enjoyed the listen.

I wish there was a prominent KD though... the big subby 'drop' Kick you've got isn't enough imo.

Prod sounds good, but the drums sound like they could be a bit more upfront in the mix (could just be the youtube compression).

:)

3. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Fucking beautiful pad! Drums just great! Im adding this to my favorite on youtube for sure :)

4. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

tbh mate, as usual im sitting here listening to your music, wondering why.

cos i already know its going to be a banger! another brilliant tune mate, seriously keep it up, youl go far.

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah even tho youtube is toss for sound quality, you can still hear the production of this is tight. I like it!

6. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

have you stereod those snares at the end of every 2 bars? fucking beautiful touch mate. Really feeling this tune, sounds perfect, maybe a slightly heavier Kick would work though

7. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Cheers for the feed back guys! Much appreciated. I'm going to try and get it up on SoundCloud today so there will be a better quallity clip floating around.

I will have a play about with an extra kick as well and let you know how it goes.

There is a ghost snare on there I have only used once every 2 bars. It was quite a nice wide sound in the first place, but it also has a small delay on there which has a bit of panning.

With the beat on this track, because I knew it wouldnt be as heavy or filled out as other tracks I have done I felt I could play around a bit more with things like reverb and small delays etc

8. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

This is really good from what i can hear as im on a laptop lol but i love the pads and the drums are nice to, i cant really tell if the kick is to weak or not but i can tell you with this style of dnb i never really worry to much about the kick being phat just as long as it sounds nice with the other drums in the mix.

Big ups man!!

9. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Right, I have managed to get the track on soundcloud now, so there should be a better quallity preview.

I have also added an extra kick. I tried a few different kicks but a lot dont fit with the main break in the track, so in the end I used a fairly low end kick and low passed it quite heavily so it would have more of a presents in the track rather than sound harmonically big.

Hope you enjoy:

http://soundcloud.com/zerobeats/two-faces

10. druu

druu Member

Very nice track, the stereo width on the drums was new for me. Great work with the moving sounds and pads. I can hear all the sounds clearly so mix is good and the space is good. Nicely done! :)