Zen - january (Months series)

Serum

VIP Junglist
Zen is fast becoming one of my favourite artists and this piece of wax is no disappointment. As usual it sounds a lot like twisted individual (not a bad thing in my books, I'm still not 100% sure it's not him) with real fat beats and grubby basslines.
Both tracks are very simple with a funky little sample intro then dropping into the bassline but both tracks are meaty enough to rock it big time.
This has a slightly dirtier mix than twisted usually does which i think is quite a good thing and manages not to be the tasteless rip off that distorted minds have been doing for their last batch of tracks (cunts).
Big up to Zen!!!!!!!!

Yes, the january tune is heavy. ones a bit better, but they are still both good. Better than all the other months series so far, except april promo which is a tune.

Zen definately ain't twisted individual.

He's the guy who twisted is talking to in the break of bandwagon blues, the one who says proper proper proper

Zen: Hey twisted some muppets are trying to cash in on your style

TI: Oh yeah who's that then?

Zen: Me

TI: I say distorted minds are rather smashing aren't they?

Serum said:
Zen: Hey twisted some muppets are trying to cash in on your style

TI: Oh yeah who's that then?

Zen: Me

TI: I say distorted minds are rather smashing aren't they?

:lol::lol::lol::lighter::uberlaugh:uberlaugh:uberlaugh

:outofammo
white_gay_thing.gif
:whipem:

well.. i just heard minefield a lil while ago, and I can see why he thought it was twisted.. and u dont think he got zen to say that because it would be funny do u?
but I guess maybe its ok because he knows him and doesnt really care maybe?

Zen + Twisted are just good mates. Both moved from London to Leicester to remain close to Formation Records (as have a few other artists in the past).

He played me one of his new things that he was working on over the phone yesterday. Sounded pretty simular to something Twisted would do but maybe he was the one who came up with that kind of style in the first place......

Who knows?, they have both been around for the same kinda time span.

Big tings expected from Zen in the future, trust me

Back
Top Bottom