Zele - What You Need (Netsky, Redeyes style soulful liquid) would love some feedback!

Re: Zele - What You Need (Netsky, Redeyes style soulful liquid) would love some feedb

Woah love it mate.. Right up my street.. Few things though, i'd save the vocal for the first breakdown @18 seconds, and the bit that says 'dont look any further' seems to go out of time slightly.. But other than that good job :)

Re: Zele - What You Need (Netsky, Redeyes style soulful liquid) would love some feedb

Woah love it mate.. Right up my street.. Few things though, i'd save the vocal for the first breakdown @18 seconds, and the bit that says 'dont look any further' seems to go out of time slightly.. But other than that good job :)

thanks a lot for the feedback, really good to hear that someone likes it haha! yeah that's probably a good idea, haven't really formed much of an intro hence the whole fading in/out thing. I know what you mean about that vocal, need to fix that somehow...

Very nice sound, i agree with the above and would probably work a bit on the intro.

thanks yogi! yeah I will work on the intro a bit more. by the way really like the tune in your sig, really really great vibes

Corrr yes mate! Liking this one :) Agree with Skuff, those vocals would be nice if they came in in the breakdown. Nice tune though dude! :D

Could I be a cheeky boy and ask where to vocal is from? It has given me a tiny idea that might work :)

awesome mate, feeling this alot :) just going to say exactly what others have said and leave out the vocals for the first 16. Top work though man!

loving all the feedback, thanks a lot everyone. Will take your advice on saving the vocal for the breakdown and I'll try and build a better intro. any more feedback would be hugely appreciated :)

agree about saving the vocal till the breakdown to increase the impact, nice tune mate feeling it

Ha it's funny to recognize some samples you took from the various artists mentioned. But nothing else to add man, really nice production it sounds good.
The intro is kind of original with the changing levels of the high-hats. Cool tune! :)

I didn't sample Netsky or Redeyes if that's what you mean Nucloid (I think that would be cheating haha) but thanks!

great feedback thanks guys...

that piano thing reminds me of raise your weapon

nice tune ! good sounds... like the build up with the drums. Did you use an automated high pass filter for that

your production is good

the intro is a bit weak, i dont like those lil 4th bar fills on the break

i dont like the idea of looping the vox sample (you could easily halve it, or at the very least EQ it to sound flatter, maybe make it sound like it came from vinyl etc... right now it sounds like you've taken a sample and plunked it on top of the track)

but the drop is nice, mixed well, sub is singing etc

i think a flanger/phaser on that last bar at 1.00 would sound good

nice tune ! good sounds... like the build up with the drums. Did you use an automated high pass filter for that

thanks! yep I used an automated filter :)

your production is good

the intro is a bit weak, i dont like those lil 4th bar fills on the break

i dont like the idea of looping the vox sample (you could easily halve it, or at the very least EQ it to sound flatter, maybe make it sound like it came from vinyl etc... right now it sounds like you've taken a sample and plunked it on top of the track)

but the drop is nice, mixed well, sub is singing etc

i think a flanger/phaser on that last bar at 1.00 would sound good

thanks for the feedback! I agree the intro needs work for sure! as for the vocal...I kinda like the looping of it, kinda makes it more profound somehow. I agree with what you are saying about it in the mix, I think I need to take it down in a mix a bit, it's a bit too loud. but yeah thanks for all the feedback!

moved the vocal, put a bit of variation on the second drop and I think it's nearly done! put it on youtube, please watch several thousand times

Last edited by a moderator:

sounds good mate but its already been done :P so so many times.

i'd add some delay and verb to those vocals tho. make em reall dreamy.

really good tune, mate. I feel a little bit left alone at 2:11. That is the only thing, though.

Back
Top Bottom