Zele - What You Need (Netsky, Redeyes style soulful liquid) would love some feedback!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by that_fred_guy, Jan 10, 2012.

1. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

would love to know what you guys thought of this, been working on it for a while

2. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Re: Zele - What You Need (Netsky, Redeyes style soulful liquid) would love some feedb

Woah love it mate.. Right up my street.. Few things though, i'd save the vocal for the first breakdown @18 seconds, and the bit that says 'dont look any further' seems to go out of time slightly.. But other than that good job :)

3. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

Re: Zele - What You Need (Netsky, Redeyes style soulful liquid) would love some feedb

thanks a lot for the feedback, really good to hear that someone likes it haha! yeah that's probably a good idea, haven't really formed much of an intro hence the whole fading in/out thing. I know what you mean about that vocal, need to fix that somehow...

4. yogi23

yogi23 Member

Very nice sound, i agree with the above and would probably work a bit on the intro.

5. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

thanks yogi! yeah I will work on the intro a bit more. by the way really like the tune in your sig, really really great vibes

6. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Corrr yes mate! Liking this one :) Agree with Skuff, those vocals would be nice if they came in in the breakdown. Nice tune though dude! :D

Could I be a cheeky boy and ask where to vocal is from? It has given me a tiny idea that might work :)

7. collymore

collymore Member

Listned to the track a couple of times and really like it. This could turn out to be a really great tune....and yes work on the intro...slow intro and wait with the vocal ....which by the way sounds really good.

8. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

awesome mate, feeling this alot :) just going to say exactly what others have said and leave out the vocals for the first 16. Top work though man!

9. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

loving all the feedback, thanks a lot everyone. Will take your advice on saving the vocal for the breakdown and I'll try and build a better intro. any more feedback would be hugely appreciated :)

10. oversight

oversight Member

agree about saving the vocal till the breakdown to increase the impact, nice tune mate feeling it

11. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

Ha it's funny to recognize some samples you took from the various artists mentioned. But nothing else to add man, really nice production it sounds good.
    The intro is kind of original with the changing levels of the high-hats. Cool tune! :)

12. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

I didn't sample Netsky or Redeyes if that's what you mean Nucloid (I think that would be cheating haha) but thanks!

great feedback thanks guys...

13. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

that piano thing reminds me of raise your weapon

14. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

bump

15. Hey!Zeus

Hey!Zeus Member

nice tune ! good sounds... like the build up with the drums. Did you use an automated high pass filter for that

16. neddez

neddez Member

your production is good

the intro is a bit weak, i dont like those lil 4th bar fills on the break

i dont like the idea of looping the vox sample (you could easily halve it, or at the very least EQ it to sound flatter, maybe make it sound like it came from vinyl etc... right now it sounds like you've taken a sample and plunked it on top of the track)

but the drop is nice, mixed well, sub is singing etc

i think a flanger/phaser on that last bar at 1.00 would sound good

17. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

thanks! yep I used an automated filter :)

thanks for the feedback! I agree the intro needs work for sure! as for the vocal...I kinda like the looping of it, kinda makes it more profound somehow. I agree with what you are saying about it in the mix, I think I need to take it down in a mix a bit, it's a bit too loud. but yeah thanks for all the feedback!

18. that_fred_guy

that_fred_guy Member

moved the vocal, put a bit of variation on the second drop and I think it's nearly done! put it on youtube, please watch several thousand times

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  19. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

sounds good mate but its already been done :p so so many times.

i'd add some delay and verb to those vocals tho. make em reall dreamy.

20. megagnome

megagnome Member

really good tune, mate. I feel a little bit left alone at 2:11. That is the only thing, though.