zeitgeist: moving forward

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by co0ke, Feb 2, 2011.

1. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

now i don't buy into these films word for word and/or pledge my life to their cause but i still think they are pretty entertaining and some of the stuff covered is certainly valid and interesting. will be watching this

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

u can see the very effects of what they say happening, right now, around us. i do think some of their points are quite blown out of proportion, i also think a fair part of it is relative only to america. but if one thing is certain, oil WILL run out, and our whole way of life, our society, civilisation, will have to change.

3. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I remember going through a phase of watching shit tonnes of these kinda videos.
    Including a few 9/11 conspiracy vids that link to these.

All needs to be taken with a hefty pinch of salt, but its all interesting.

Think im gonna have to sample the beginning of this vid. haha

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  4. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

the others yes, but the facts are evident for this one m8, at least the oil. you think about all the oil you use. every packet of crisps, every appliance you switch on, every time u drive somwhere, everything you cook, eat, all required oil at some point. now theres like 7 billion people on this planet and the majority of them are doing the exact same thing. Our population rises, oil reserves deplete our economy is collapsing from dept (as we speak) and the governments solution is for you to work yourself to the bone, for what? Think about it logicaly, according to the way our economy works, we are in trillions of pounds of dept, tell me m8 is that even possible to pay off, is it even possible to accumulate that much? where did it come from? where has it gone? did you benefit from it? Are your roads better? are your local services better? are you healthier as an individual? your family? Seriously man we've gone to shit.

5. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

One of my mates is far too into this and has completely put me off watching them. The first one was cool, had some nice ideas and stuff but as people have said, definitely needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

I cannot be arsed to watch this for 2h45mins though. 10 minutes in I was already tearing my hair out with boredom.

6. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

interesting topic... i have to agree with thin and crispy here! i'd be interested in this as most of my family is in the 'capatilist industry' (accounts and economics), be interesting to know more to challenge their perceptions of what constitutes a good society?!

7. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

yeah all about the salt. there is a site out there that systematically debunks almost every claim made in the first movie

8. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

theres a zeitgiest series aswell

have any of you heard jedi mind tricks and vinnie paz rapping about how fucked up the government is and how tv and the 'industry' corrupt peoples mind.

9. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i do worry about what will happen to society in future years,
    the problem lies with, what can i do about it? i'm confident that this view is shared by a majority. which means nothing will get done.
    as much as i agree with some of their ideas about a society based on resources and not capitalism, i'm not sure anything will change until we as soceity are forced to do so.
    interesting vid none the less.

10. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

yes mate! - fav track from history of violence got some wicked anti-establishment lyrics

although, i'm more of a believer in its the only system we got that works so fuck it, use the system!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  11. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

yes thats the one, my uncles always getting these new cds and had me listened to that album and vinnie paz - season of the assassin.

its if you cant beat the system go with the flow for me.