Drum & Bass ZEDD - SPECTRUM, ALCAPONE DNB REMIX! (one of very few dnb remixes)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by alcaponeuk, Jul 30, 2012.

1. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

only really heard house and dubstep remixes of this so i thought id twist it up and throw it down on some dnb, this is a quick mix so let me know what you think guys! also i went with a fairly different arrangement on this song so let me know what you guys reckon! :):)

2. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

I like it mate. Im a massive fan of the liquidy stuff... but this is nice. Ive only got shitty headphones at work so unfortunately cant give much feedback on production... but from what im hearing... with the right mix down sounds like it could be a banger.

EDIT: it was meant to say... "im NOT a massive fan"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

thanks alot dude, means alot! yeah i mixed and mastered this in some sucky £20 beyerdynamics, i gave it a blast through my car and the master is relatively clean but i think i need to touch up the sub and the kick a little and perhaps change my snare sample - but im lazy and amateur so i probably wont haha , but cheers man!

4. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

5. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

snare needs more punch sounds rather lost in the mix. Synths parts are good and structure are goof though....do some more work to it!

6. duckstep

duckstep Member

Think the sub needs to be lowered slightly, or rest increased its taking all the focus of the song. Otherwise nice remix.
    Whats the instrument/preset that comes in on the drop @ 00:55? The one that's kind of "pumping" the melody

7. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

You've got some amazing ideas in here, this could be an absolute banger if only the mixdown was right, and if only you didnt do those awful pitchbends of the entire track every now and then, they dont work at all, lose them! But you need to work on your mixdown techniques, every sound is fighting with the next for space in your frequency spectrum causing it to sound very sloppy

8. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

gotta agree with the rest. your idea is really great, but the mixdown is... terrible. but that is really hard and will come with time (im still not great at all either)
    try eqing space for your drums (snare and kick particularly) in order to allow the punchiness and transients to come through more. there are a variety of ways of adding punch and all that so look into that as well

awesome idea, just needs a lot more work. cheers bud

9. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

couldnt agree more with you guys in all fairness! i actually re-mastered this track and went to replace it on soundcloud but i realised the replace audio is a premium feature :( , yes the sub on this mix is overdriven so theres harmonics that shouldnt be there, i took it off and just turned it up instead, i completely replaced the snare with a splashier high end one and i didnt boost 200 so much, and on this mix i didnt really eq the synths or drums around eachother at all , im gonna spend alot of time on it and upload a re-master to soundcloud, i might even wait till i get some krk's cause my headphones arent doin it haha - but cheers for all the feedback!

10. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

It has already been said but the pitchbends are horrible.
    I was really enjoying this tune but I paused it after the fourth bend.
    please delete those.
    could be a really good tune!

11. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

yehh ill sort it out haha