ZEAL DRUM TUTORIAL FOR YOU GUYS!

fucking right just look at what current value, limewax et all can do with them!

Cos im into the more neuro / tech side of things, when i make an amen beat i make it soley from rolling breaks, so it cannot possibly have the amen sound with it.

but then making darker stuff like my tune on here called "Shattered Spine" you can tell that we have used an amen in there

even the release thats just come out on steppasoundz "away" thats got a amen in as the predominant break :)

yeah i hear ya, i've done a few "old skool vs nu skool" tunes that use the amen where its very recognisable, but i've been trying to move away from that and really define my own beats (and its starting to work - a lot of effort but it does pay off!), i'll try check some of ur tunes out Zeal, in fact mc scoop was tellin me about you so i've been meaning to have a listen anyhow! :D

ahhh you know scoopy ay!

top boy he is!

Good producer himself, him and the badman Rico!

BOH!

C2D family

yeah dude more high end in there :)

loving ur roller break u made on the other thread ;)

ez mate, like it :D old skool jungly kinda feel to it, best part was the filtered bit nice glitchy kinda madness

yeah man getting there dude, id say the snare needs more low end to it, and the kick drum needs sorting. got better layers than ur roller other day i liked, but not the hard kick n snare like that. happy medium and its a winner!

Any tips on moving up from using too much 2 step? (I experimented a bit and got too much of a breakbeat song then I wanted. I want something pure DnB)

Any tips on moving up from using too much 2 step? (I experimented a bit and got too much of a breakbeat song then I wanted. I want something pure DnB)

You mean ur srums are pretty steppy?

Just basically change where u have ur kick drum hitting, and get some ice rolling breaks in there.

Thats pretty much the only way you will get away fomr being the typical "kick snare kick snare"

Like kick on 1st snare on 2nd kick on 2 1/4 snare on 4. That kinda thing, just try it out, theres no rules ! :wave:

Up up and away.....

We have started to experiment a lot more with our drums now, someone in here mentioned kick n snare placement.

Ive recently started a couple of tunes, one of them the snare hits on the 2 1/2 beat rather than the typical 2nd. it sounds sicko and works very well. Just wanted to bump this up for any Noobs who missed it :) and for those who are trying to go away from the typical DnB phrasing and drum patterns; TRIAL N ERROR, try it if it sounds good it probably is!

Cubase man, but just started to really get into THOR more, and getting some good results, was a good video tutorial on here for reeces, just took it further and omg, some mad ass bass lines!

watch this space!

Cubase man, but just started to really get into THOR more, and getting some good results, was a good video tutorial on here for reeces, just took it further and omg, some mad ass bass lines!

watch this space!

damn right bro, had a go at that tut myself, i am officially in love with the Thor now!! :gang_bang

Yeah u know it bro!

Man was tweaking that thing like fuck, got some MAD bass sounds, better than used to get on the malstrom.

People always dissing reason synths but they are good if you know how to work them :)

Back
Top Bottom