DnB Yukon - Latest wip (Feedback Please)

Yukon

Yukon
Hey guys
I have here my latest project. Its Liquid(?) drum and bass with orchestral and acoustic elements to it. I'm looking for any kind of feed back where it be general or on certain details of the track. Personally I'm a bit wary that the snare may be too punchy and not entirely sure of the breakdown. I really want to know what you guys think before I do anything further because its basically finished(just needs mastering).

Thanks ~Yukon

I can't say anything about the mix atm, listening on crappy speakers but I really like all the melody's, sounds really 'musical', keep it up!

sounds relaly nice, havnt got in on monitors, but everythings like its cutting through on these head phones, dying for some vocals

Hey,

A very nice track. I would definitely love to play this song at a cold winter night while watching the snow falling ;) (sorry for the weird english)

I have some criticism though: The "guitar strumming" sound is a little bit too "sharp" in my opinion. It almost hurt my ears at higher levels. Further the guitar strumming sounds like it is offbeat especially at the end of the loop (however this makes it more intresting ;) )

Please give me a feedback to my latest track too:
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...ogress-with-Trance-Goa-Feeling!!-check-it-out

Sounds good. Nice melodies and layers. Maybe a small bit of bass synth with some filter opening and closing to give it a little edge and character. I'm sure there are a lot of vocalists out there that would love to work with this track it would really tie it together.

The string patch that comes in at the start with the piano sounds a bit cheap and midi-ish, I'd look for a better sound for that one, and think about adding some sampled sounds (possible sampled strings) into the equation to give it that extra depth. The staccato string notes are nice tho. The drums are pretty good too, I like the delayed snare at the end of the bar.

I'd think about varying up the bass line, it just goes from one note to the next to the next and gets boring. If you make it jump up and down in octaves it will still fit with the rest of the melodies and give the tune more movement (which is one thing you could try)

Back
Top Bottom