Youtube mix taken down, and now the patronising copyright school they make you take!

Re: Youtube mix taken down, and now the patronising copyright school they make you ta

the reason i get far too less stuff send to me unfortunately. the same reason i dont upload much stuff to soundcloud.

but yeh, seems like i implied the artists send promos out themselves.

Re: Youtube mix taken down, and now the patronising copyright school they make you ta

Sorry if I'm being INCREDIBLY naive. How do the top DJ's get tunes that are unreleased? Do they come from the producer or the label? I was under the impression that it was like a swap meet, tunes get exchanged and played out.
I can understand if a tune has been earmarked for release by a label BEFORE it's been played out, they would select who gets what and can distribute as they see fit, but for example:
A track that a producer has been playing around with, gives it to a friend who DJ's, they play it out/put it in a mix online and a label pick it up for release 6/12 months later, would that DJ then face retribution from the label for copyright infringement even though they posted the mix before the label paid the artist?

Again, sorry for dragging out this thread but it is genuinely fascinating to me. I used to work in a record shop and at that point, the way the industry worked was completely different.

Oh please, I was interested to find out more but you just took the piss out of me.

Timmy Westwood JR said:
I prefer to hear sets that have track's available to buy or with dubs that are very close to release. Over the years ive just got sick and tired of waiting months and months for releases its made me a tired man. Nothing worse than hearing a great promo in a set but it doesn't get released for months by that time you have over heard it and redeem it old even tho its only just been set for release.

Back to my point If the label/artist had a snippet up fans wouldnt need to be putting up pre clips to find out about the track. Because that's the reason most fans put up pre clips to find out information on it.

Its just bizzare how the promo track can be online in a dj's latest podcast but not as a single snippet on the artist/lables site. So if fans upload that snippet they are to blame for killing the soundclip hype not the dj who originally uploaded that mix with the clip in.

So where was the question?

Probably best leaving timothy to argue with himsef to be honest with you...

Back
Top Bottom