You're Favorite VST's for your tunes?

3osc, Sytrus (cant get myself to learn FM8, lol), Massive, Razor, Monark every now and then.

For effects and processing I tend to always have Kjaerhusaudios delay somewhere and for mastering I got Renaissance EQ -> C4 -> L2. Recently got Komplete 9, will see if the SSL plugins are nice there :)

VST:

Antares Tube works nicely for some nice overdrive.

Antares Filter is the ducks nuts. Love it to bits.

PSP Nitrous is really fucking great for phaser and flange.

totally forgot Camel Phat. Brilliant for fattening reeses.

tbh for dynamics I can't find a decent free plugin. any suggestions?

VSTi:

Sylenth, Z3ta, Albino and FM8 all do what I want.

Last edited:
Synths I use are pretty much Rob Papens Predator and SubBoomBass at the moment, bit of sylenth1 for leads

Other shit: WatKat tape delay plug in, think it's free, but it adds this annoying noise to my songs, which I quite like and is good for delays too.
Cytomic The Glue
u-he satin - my new love
I mostly just use stock logic plug ins though, they're really good.
fabfilter volcano, use it for midrange movement.

Massive, Sylenth, Nexus 2 for place holders, also fm8 for Midbass, operator for Subbass (i use Ableton) and also junglist and pro-53 are fun to play around with.

Deekay[AUS];1414827 said:
tbh for dynamics I can't find a decent free plugin. any suggestions?

Check out Antress Modern series plugins, there are a few decent compression tools + Kjaerhusaudios classic series compressor (maybe master limiter too). They are ok, if not top notch, but do their job. :)

No but on mac you do get all THESE fancy freebies

http://www.airwindows.com/freebies.html

Will be checking these out shortly. Cheers dude.

In terms of Plug-ins, I got komplete 8 but probably use only half of it's capabilities. Massive, FM8, Absynth, Battery & Kontakt all are regularly used.

Alibino is used quite frequently, for orchestral sounds I use Miroslav Philharmonik and sausage fattener will usually make an appearance somewhere to add a little beef.

i have komplete 9 - only use more the fx and dynamic plugins, cant get my head head around fm8 occasionally il use the other synths for pads and such

esx24
es2
massive
camelphat
torverb

Will be checking these out shortly. Cheers dude.

In terms of Plug-ins, I got komplete 8 but probably use only half of it's capabilities. Massive, FM8, Absynth, Battery & Kontakt all are regularly used.

Alibino is used quite frequently, for orchestral sounds I use Miroslav Philharmonik and sausage fattener will usually make an appearance somewhere to add a little beef.

You definitely won't be disappointed, that dude can write some SERIOUS code. And agree'd on Albino, though I was so devastated when Rob announced he's not updating it anymore.

Hi folks! Shouting "f*ck university and my social life" I just reinstalled Logic 9. :)

Can anyone recommend me a good way to make VST work on this daw? Some of the plugins you talk about (ex. Synth1) don't have an AU version, but I'd be curious/glad to try them!

Thanks in advance! Peace,love,unity&no-ego!
Jack

You definitely won't be disappointed, that dude can write some SERIOUS code. And agree'd on Albino, though I was so devastated when Rob announced he's not updating it anymore.

I believe there was a bit of a falling out between LinPlug and Rob from reading some of the comments over at KVR, though I'm not sure of the specific details. But agree 100% with you, Albino was a bit of a beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi folks! Shouting "f*ck university and my social life" I just reinstalled Logic 9. :)

Can anyone recommend me a good way to make VST work on this daw? Some of the plugins you talk about (ex. Synth1) don't have an AU version, but I'd be curious/glad to try them!

Thanks in advance! Peace,love,unity&no-ego!
Jack

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Logic 9 or X will not run VSTs. Your best bet would be to utilize ReWire and use a VST from another DAW to Record into Logic. The downside is that as far as I know, only the audio will be recorded–no MIDI data when utilizing ReWire (correct me if I'm misinformed here).

No worries though. Just about every major plugin, instrument, etc. offers an AU version.

In my experience I've learned that most of he sound comes from the effects that you apply more than the synth used. So knowing that I go with Massive because it gives the user lots of control over the shape of the sounds. It's easy to use too.

One that I love but hate the restrictions on is Nexus 2. It's great but it kind of limits your choices when it comes to molding the sounds.

Just started using Surge recently, loving that synth, really nice for reese basses!
Then love my Camel fat, fab filters, Tone 2 by filter

I mostly only use free ones from the computer magazine. Satson CM, ANALOG-87 EQ, Bluecat freq analyser, CM-505. They come with tutorials and are great to work with! For basses: Sylenth1, massive, Cableguys Curve2,Dune CM, Synthmaster...

Back
Top Bottom