You're Favorite VST's for your tunes?

Is WOW2 that much of an improvement over the first one?

I think it's worth it. Sound quality is still great as is CPU efficiency. They've added some new distortions types, new filters, etc. However, and this may sound a bit silly, but the interface was one of the key selling points. Aside from being sleek and graphic heavy (versus copy/text heavy), right clicking on any of the main filter parameter brings up a nice looking visual menu (see below) that's intuitive and very easy on the eyes. It's little things like that which I can appreciate, even if they are a bit mundane. The vowel filters still sound ace and all the distortion types vary in flavor (transparent to destruction).

Modulation.png

I would encourage anyone interested to download the demo first. But all in all, I'm extremely happy with it.

Well, they're free. Synth1 vst, glitch, Ambience. Synth1 is a fucking monster, I'm trying to master it for pads and basses. Hell, maybe some drum hits too. I can see why it won so many awards.

Mania suggested glitch to me and I've had a lot of fun w/ it, just need to learn to use it properly. And Ambience is a great reverb plug-in.

Otherwise I'm not against using some of the stock plugins particularly for filters, echo and eq. Might need to find a solid compressor/sidechain plug-in tho.

I cant get over how accessible and user friendly massive is. The workflow is so much better than the other synths Ive mastered, and the wavetables and filters are top notch, and make up for the things it lacks. I'm also digging Logic's amp designer, which is sooo gooood for basses. Also, this little thing is just awesome. Sounds very subtle but sounds top notch.

YES, izotope, exciter, reverb, multidynamics and the eq is decent.

Every granulizer, and i love different gaters, any multiband distortion unit is a must in combination with different filter routes and combinations.

izotope ozone and iris are definitely high on my list, same with fabfilter pro.q and pro.c!

synth wise it's definitely massive and fm8. (Being on mac i don't have access to all those fancy free synths ;-;.)

Back
Top Bottom