Your Thoughts On USA DnB?

SMDtheMC

What do ya'll think about DnB from the US?

Ya'll think we should stick to country and hip-hop music?

Or are you glad to hear when we're throwin' huge raves? (for instance just had kenny ken and ss at a huge show)

Well tbh...i didnt think much of the MC's when i was over in LA. And any that were half decent just seemed to cat lyrics from UK MC's.

Or are you glad to hear when we're throwin' huge raves? (for instance just had kenny ken and ss at a huge show)

i think its good... cos i just got my first tune signed to an american label... which means that it will get more exposure over their as it is a bigger place, on top of the regular exposure the labels get over here :D

dnb infulenced by country music would be nang!
a conway twitty amen tearout would be some next level business!

As a Yank, DNB in the US is lacking, obviously, as people here could really care less about it when Will Smith's daughter can make a single that makes no sense before the age of ten and people go apeshit for some reason.

But if you dig deeper, you'll find some fantastic DNB talent here. Random Movement is undoubtable, but then you got guys like Flaco, Sinistarr, Dave Owen, Mixmaster Doc and plenty more that I am way too tired to think of right now.

TL;DR - It's not mainstream here, but the artists are top-notch in my opinion.

EDIT: Check out Raw Q!

could really care less

man, this phrase is so annoying.. its 'couldn't care less' becuase 'could care less' means that they actually care a little bit and could actually care less if they were so inclined?

sorry, grammer nazi moment over!... carry on

man, this phrase is so annoying.. its 'couldn't care less' becuase 'could care less' means that they actually care a little bit and could actually care less if they were so inclined?

sorry, grammer nazi moment over!... carry on

Haha this is clearly highlighted in this (im sure repost)

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep doing what you're doing. One of your hometown boys is a big favourite of mine, Ewun.

dave owens has been making some phat beats recently. ur starting to get the hang of it now. keep going usa, one day u may b up there with the uk artists and mc's

dave owens has been making some phat beats recently. ur starting to get the hang of it now. keep going usa, one day u may b up there with the uk artists and mc's

some people will be for sure... but personally i think uk hip hop is never as good as us hip hop was/is... and i think the same will go for the USA in regards to dnb.

musical style often 'fit' to ones sorroundings... ie american hip hop is often alot sunnier and brighter, where as uk hip hop is often quite dark and grimey (massive generalisation, i know)... so in summary, i dont think US artisist will be able to capture that UK underground sound.

musical style often 'fit' to ones sorroundings... ie american hip hop is often alot sunnier and brighter, where as uk hip hop is often quite dark and grimey (massive generalisation, i know)... so in summary, i dont think US artisist will be able to capture that UK underground sound.

agreed, as far as jumpup goes, i no they're not particularly fond of me but heavy hittahz have got some serious beats out there atm.

Plus, the States has never really had a 'rave culture' like we have had over here in England, which is what D&B pretty much stems from (early Hardcore etc) so they havent had a chance to have the music over there grow as organically becase they only know what they hear and get from us.

Back
Top Bottom