DnB Your recommendations of a mixer for a complete beginner.

Don't be afraid to jump in headfirst and drop a little money. A good mixer will help you with your mixes as well as your EQing. Grab a low end pioneer, either new or through ebay. That way you'll have a mixer that will last and not crap out on you after a year.

Cheers.

Ignore people who go "ppfff m9, get an xone 92, itll be worth it in the long run! blahblah" because tbh you wont really know what youre doing, redlining it all over the place, gains on full, phaser 24/7, more buttons and effects than you know what to do with, will be confusing as hell. Society for the protection of mixers gets involved. All over.

If you are completely starting out it really doesnt matter, get a simple 2 channel Numark for like <£100. Sell it when you get better and want something that suits your new skillz.

Ignore people who go "ppfff m9, get an xone 92, itll be worth it in the long run! blahblah" because tbh you wont really know what youre doing, redlining it all over the place, gains on full, phaser 24/7, more buttons and effects than you know what to do with, will be confusing as hell. Society for the protection of mixers gets involved. All over.

If you are completely starting out it really doesnt matter, get a simple 2 channel Numark for like <£100. Sell it when you get better and want something that suits your new skillz.

Lol. I definitely don't want the society for the protection of mixers involved. Sense spoken. Advice taken.

Cheers mate

The only thing you shouldn't cheap out on when your beginning is turntables. Bad TT's will drive you mad and impede learning.

For a mixer basically any 2 channel / 3-EQ that doesn't fall apart in your hands should do.

Xone:22 is a really safe choice. You get A&H quality but with all the bells and whistles removed to keep an entry level price.

Ok so I did a bit of research and the numark m4 seems ok and its just cheaper than what I was willing to spend, anyone got any good our bed words to say about it. As for TT's I decided on the dennon dns5000's, also any words on that decision they seem good to me

Cheers for the help guys.

dont know much about turntables.. iv heard stantons and vestax are good alternatives to Technics, but really if you can afford them, get a second hand pair of technics and youll never need to upgrade.

dont know much about turntables.. iv heard stantons and vestax are good alternatives to Technics, but really if you can afford them, get a second hand pair of technics and youll never need to upgrade.

This. Technics are often imitated, never duplicated. Worth the investment if vinyl is the means you're pursuing.

Cheers.

Pioneer's are more the standard CDJ you'll find in clubs, but those Denon S5000's are great as well. They are solid, pro-level gear.

CDJ's are way less finicky then TT's.

For a complete beginner all you need is a crossfader and three eqs I started with the DM950 Numark you can probably get one for about a tenner second hand

Or spend a bit more I upgraded to a Numark M2 following that its around £70 new

I now have the X9 with all the effects

Yes...next one I buy Im going to try something other than Numark!

For a complete beginner all you need is a crossfader and three eqs I started with the DM950 Numark you can probably get one for about a tenner second hand

thanks mate im looking at the M2 now i have roughly 100squids to spend on a mixer (would rather it a bit cheaper tho).

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

how about the M3 its just within the budget...? i know someone said about it being to complex to have all the fx etc at the beginning but its on 20 quid more expensive....

hadn't realised you were still on here. I can only apologise for my part in scaring you out of waffle (y)

Im just about to put my mixer on ebay as I need to get a 4 channel mixer cause Im getting a 3rd deck..its a Numark DXM 06, it was my first mixer and I got it 4 months ago, nothing wrong with it whatsoever for starting out, will sell it for £50

Back
Top Bottom