Your Musical Path

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Borf™, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

How did you get what you're into now?

Parent's always listened to Queen, so I started with that really, the Bon Jovi was the next thing. Stayed with soft rock for ages, then got into Guns 'N Roses which led to heavier stuff such as Iron Maiden, then Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax. Then came Nu Metal, such as Korn, Slipknot, Linkin Park.

Then I was obsessed with Rage Against The Machine. The rapping side of it got me into Hip-Hop. Commercial stuff such as Dre and Eminem first, then came Wu Tang, which opened up the amazing vault of underground Hip-Hop. Reggae came along then. UK stuff came along then as a result of rap forums I went on.

Then heard Drum and Bass, which to me, reminded me a lot of thrash metal at first, the speed the drums were at. Which then progressed into Dubstep because it was always played at Dnb nights. The some grime and breakbeat.

Still listen to it all, mainly Thrash/Nu Metal, Hip-Hop, Dnb and Dubstep these days though. Still listen to all my old stuff though.

2. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

HEHEHE QUEEN.

IM ALL BOUT MAKING HIP HOP BEATS IN THE 09. OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES

3. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

I've been experimenting a bit with that, but ain't got the time/effort in me to be honest.

4. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I grew up listening to Motown and near enough all the 50's and sixties bizzle that my M&D played, i don't mind all that stuff, easy listening.

I got into Hip Hop around 87/88 listening to the likes of NWA,Public Enemy,Big Daddy Kane,EPMD,Pete Rock & CL Smooth,Eric B & Rakim,BDP,Ice Cube,Ice-T,Schooly D,Naughty By Nature,Scarface etc etc over the years until my older twin sisters started playing house in 1990.

Got into the 'Warehouse' scene as they called it then and not long after The Prodigy arrived and i was hooked.

From then on i was getting anything that had House/Rave/Hardcore in it and i even started wearing Acid t-shirts with the smiley face and i was still at school.

Left school in 93 and not long after went to my first Rave, when the scene started to split into happy hardcore and jungle i went with the jungle and i'm still there and still lovin' it although i had a swerve to the garage scene in 95 up until 03 i was still going to Jungle/D&B raves.

And now i'm getting into the Dubstep scene alot more.

I still religiously listen to all the music i've stated to this day and still love it, well, except for the motown/sixties stuff, i don't listen to that anymore LOL

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  5. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Metallica -> Cypress Hill/The Prodigy -> Jungle/dnb plus hip-hop -> house/ghettotech -> back to jungle/dnb plus hip-hop plus classical plus jazz as I get older.

6. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

As I´m Italian, I grew up with all the Eurodance and Hip House Trash.

7. Fes Rock

aww man, that sucks

8. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Bob Dylan, Beatles, Stones -> 80s cheese -> Trance -> Hard House/NRG -> Hardcore -> Ska -> Punk/Ska -> D&B

Still listen to all of the above.

9. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

I don´t regret it at all :D

Nowadays those tunes get me smiling.
    And then everything happened really quick..Partyzone on MTV in 1992..I was lost.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  10. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

I dont have a musical path listened to everything when I was young, listen to everything now

11. Fes Rock

12. twistedod

twistedod Member

grew up with punk and hardcore
    now stil the samen but along the way the music selection got bigger

13. Jacomelli

Jacomelli J4COM3LL1

Grew up with rollingstones, nirvana, tom jones & loads more.

dad alwys played rolling stones and nirvana

14. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

since the age of 12 ive collected electro / hip hop all the way up to 88/89 where i got into hip house and acid house followed the musicial pathways of rave to jungle to dnb up 2000 when i i listened to alot of uk breakstep *not grime* but early dubstep ... now in 2009 i have found ive come full circle ... back mainly into the old school thing ... be that from my breaking days or my acid house days ... new wise i will download what suits my mood , a bit of dnb mainly liquid stuff , dubstep , alot of minimal techno and some current hip hop just depends on artist ... im into everything electronic - and if its good i place on a mp3 player or memory stick for the car ... alot of the stuff i listen to once and delete ,.. anyway cant wait for 2009 to see what freshness each producer bring to the ears ...

15. yates88

yates88 Member

when i was a young kid it was all about the Abba n belinda carlye lighthouse family etc... then heard limp bizkit eminem rage till i was bout 12 or 13 then started on the jungle/dnb been rving that 4 year although still kept up-to-date wiv the hip-hop. At the mo im findin it way to expensive to keep in touch wiv the dnb downloads r quid each whereas hip hop is free on things like limewire and i cant be dealin wiv listenin to mixes all the time so i dont really know what path im on now lol GULLY NEED LOTTO WIN!!!

16. *Chloe

*Chloe Well-Known Member

used to listen to punk rock, ( bad religion, bouncing souls, nofx, etc)
    and then one day i heard...
    MACHETE!

ahahah

17. The_Jungledon

The_Jungledon www.FreelanceJunglist.com

Can i have a go of your time machine bro. LOL

18. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

I have listened to everything under the sun. It went something like this:

geezer rock
    Metal
    Industrial
    Punk
    Dub / Reggae
    DnB
    Dubstep

A dash of pop and a sprinkle of hip hop, and presto here we are in 2009.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  19. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

You got a very similar taste to me man. I was signing lyrics from Megadeth and Rage when I was like 8 years old because my mum was into all that stuff lol, and she basically got me into the grunge bands like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. Then as i got to my early teens I got into nu-metal and abit of rap like Dre and Wutang, grew out of that and got into punk and ska bands like Blink 182, Capdown, KingPrawn,NOFX then got into post hardcore scene with bands like Funeral For a Friend,Finch, Glassjaw,Thrice etc

I then started to get into abit of happy hardcore and Hardstyle for abit then Drum & Bass followed and I got more into Reggae and Heavy dub stuff like Scientist.

Now a days I just listen to so many types of music as long as its not commercial shiezen and is just good music.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  20. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Commercial music on the whole, is quite poor.
    Even like with decent bands, their singles are quite often among their worst stuff