your longest session without stopping?

moonglow359

I'm finishing my session of yesterday + this morning.

From 7pm to 5.10 am, almost 12 hours! I didn't even notice the time -it just flied away

Now I'm really proud of this tune I did... I need to go to bed but I'm not even tired! I have some work to do in the day, I really hope I don't get any calls for work! Cuz then I'm fucked!

I plan not to sleep until I finish this.

This is one of my longest session .. I never measured others but I'm pretty sure that is one of my longest. Back in the ganja days I never managed to go so long!

I noticed I really love sampling as of lately, btw.

if any1 wants to hear what I've been doing so long, I'll upload a clip but haven't listened on monitors yet, so I'll wait till people wakes up and blast and see the mixdown.

I've said to myself. Let's do an 5 track DNB EP, that will be good, took me ages to get back in production shape, now I'm the happiest person alive ,or better I would be if I wouldn't be so broke right now.

To clear things up, I probably went over 12 hours a few times ... haven't been working for so long without stopping since the last winter.. but I don't even remember ever doing it for so long without a break.

I'm on headphones atm, I hope it won't sound shit on monitors! tell me about your longest session

my ears normally get tired after a few hours. also sometimes get loop mong - where u heard the same few bars of a break over n over n over.
so after 2 hours will walk away for 10/15 mins then come back

I'm not actually sure what my longest session (in one sitting I assume you mean) has been man! I am certain it has not been any more than a few hours.

I have had days in school holidays where I have got up at like 10, had some breakfast, opened up Cubase and went for it. I stop for breaks and like lunch and that but thats how a bulk of my tunes get done (minus finished mixdowns) :)

plus sometimes I stay up until the early hours of the morning but at night I often get tired and lose motivation... :/

I was going to go for one of those production days to day but I am just going to chill this morning and then get a mixdown done this afternoon :)

i instantly thought of sex when i saw that title, thought it was in the waffle section.

4-5 hours at most. It's proven that you will suffer from "ear fatigue" after an hour of intense listening, certain frequencies become less apparent. That's why a good 10-15 minute break away from the computer each hour or so is good for the mix.

I have had days in school holidays where I have got up at like 10, had some breakfast, opened up Cubase and went for it.

you must have some real strong feelings for cubase buddy

I can't take this thread seriously anymore.

Last edited:
Hahaha ! Mate, I actually exploded with laughter when I got what you were on about with that one man

Someone link Aid to a sight where he can relieve some "stress" or something :P

Hahaha ! Mate, I actually exploded with laughter when I got what you were on about with that one man

Someone link Aid to a sight where he can relieve some "stress" or something :P

haha, is it bad that that was the first thing that came to my head, i think it is bad.

mine is a few hours but my housemate is wild for it he stays in his studio for days and days infact he even made a bed in it.....he'll only have a break when he go's out for a smoke or a joint!

4-5 hours at most. It's proven that you will suffer from "ear fatigue" after an hour of intense listening, certain frequencies become less apparent. That's why a good 10-15 minute break away from the computer each hour or so is good for the mix.
I actually meant of course a break, life stand up, smoke a cig drink a coffee something in the house , I had those little breaks of course.

you have to be careful mate...and you are working on headphones. you are really gon mess up your ears

Yeah? I don't usually work on headphones but I can't do it at night. I can blast till 00.00 usually it's then when I switch to headphones. Have to be careful yeah

about the ear fatigue argument.. IDK lol, I know it's true but somehow I managed to finish it and listened on monitors and I like it yeahhh

Back
Top Bottom