Your last great plug-in purchase?

fanu

SoundBrigade_GUI.jpg

Recently checked out and bought a plugin called SoundBrigade by SKnote.
The developer describes it as a "Brigade of filters".
Basically, one of its uses (or "missions" as the dev puts it) is that you assign it to a certain frequency range (ranges from one octave to the full spectrum) and pull the threshold down, and it tries to even out pokey frequency peaks.
A quick test with a mastering job seemed to work well; I had a techno tune which I was almost done with, but the kick was hitting maybe 2 dB too loud compared to my trusted reference tunes. I set the range to roughly cover the kick area and pulled the threshold down – and hey, what do you know, it did exactly what I was hoping it'd do.

Still to explore the other "missions", but I know that I'll be using the master one. Probably best for subtle use.

The price is very nice, too (yes, I bought it).

Check it out:
http://www.sknote.it/SoundBrigade.htm

What was the last plugin purchase that you were happy about?

The Drop by Cytomic

If Carlsberg made filter plugins, it would probably be the best filter plugin in the world.

Smart Chorus by ViaDSP. Sounds really sweet and you can get some sick effects with it.
Also Frostbite by audiothing. Multi effect with ring mod, freeze and feedback. Ditto awesomeness.

Clipper tip of the day: KClip clipper by Kazrogg. Ran some breaks thru it, pushed it, and was getting a nice round tone. Cheap, too: with the discount code on the site, it costs 9 USD.
Well worth the price.
https://kazrogplugins.com

Wavesfactory's trackspacer. Saw it in the Break masterclass, and since I'm more a fan of ducking than the 'normal' sidechaining, I love this little thing

Wavesfactory's trackspacer. Saw it in the Break masterclass, and since I'm more a fan of ducking than the 'normal' sidechaining, I love this little thing

+1

Very useful plugin this one, it only sidechains the frequencies that actually need to be sidechained. Great for mixing low kicks with sub bass.

fxpansions maul, analogue modelled distortion but the envelope follower you can assign to most knobs is a neat addition to the usual multiband goodness.
Set it on the output volume of the high band so it cracks like a whip and dies off immediately, much funs.

i seriously dont understand the need for these plugs, you mean you couldnt sidechain a parametric eq band to duck without that plug? what kind of daw are you running? coding your tunes in ascii?

i seriously dont understand the need for these plugs, you mean you couldnt sidechain a parametric eq band to duck without that plug? what kind of daw are you running? coding your tunes in ascii?

FL studio here
Well I dunno, I used to make an automation on a band from a parametric eq, and that also works good, but the plugin just makes it so much easier.
I just like it...

The plug uses 32 independent parametric bands that duck variably depending on the SC signal With attack, release and sidechain monitoring, m/s.

The plug uses 32 independent parametric bands that duck variably depending on the SC signal With attack, release and sidechain monitoring, m/s.
Yup flps peak controller Does prrcisely That if you hook it up to a normal daw stock parametric eq. Its even got lfo.

Granted this track spacer plug sounds luxurious

Yup flps peak controller Does prrcisely That if you hook it up to a normal daw stock parametric eq. Its even got lfo.

Granted this track spacer plug sounds luxurious
I must agree with you here. Specially in FL (so probably other DAWs as well), you can use one or two stock plugs to make this happen. But wait! there's how many different frequency things? 32 right? stick 4 parametric EQ instances in the mixer and link them all to different controller instances. Not enough space? route the signal to another mixer channel. OR....

For newer versions of FL, you have the patcher. Infinite greatness awaits you there.

I recently bought izotopes trash 2 when it was on sale a couple months back. It's pretty awesome, but I still haven't made anything to great with it yet...

Back
Top Bottom