Your Honest Opinion

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Alexi, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

First off, this ain't a Vinyl Vs CD thread

Fact is, I'll be living in a student house for the next few years without space for turntables let alone records.

I've been buying MP3s rather than records for the past 6 months. So in 2/3 years when I'm back using vinyl, do you think it will still be the main format?

I have about 500 records and was thinking about selling all apart from the ones I rinse on the regular or that aren't available digitally, as I'll get a lot more money now than in a few years time.

2. higgsy789

higgsy789 Compress...whatt!!

I think the way forward is digital vinyl systems like serato and traktor scratch. So yes i think vinyl will hold up, its only going to get more advanced.

Also theres so many people still out there who much prefer the sound of vinyl over digital formats, Personally i prefer the sound of vinyl (Even though i have CDJs)

Just my opinion :)

3. sector

sector Member

I love vinyl and Serato is the best way to seamlessly use both digital and analog formats. I tried a 4 deck system for a bit with 2 cdjs and 2 1200s and its just too much crap everywhere. now I am on the 2 1200s and just using serato and its much better.

4. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

its hard to tell when the best time to sell vinyl will be
    more people are moving away from it these days so its future looks pretty bleak to be honest :(
    with that in mind, i wouldn't wait too long to sell up.

i have a spare room full of old vinyl i've been meaning to sell, now does seem like a good time to get shot of the old gems i don't and won't play anymore but i appear to be having trouble letting go.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  5. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

6. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

cheers for the input, I haven't been won over by serato yet, it's frozen a few times when I've used it round mates

I'm keeping my decks anyway if I do end up getting traktor or scratch

I'll probably sell all the stuff I don't play anymore, cos I need a streamlining of my records anyway