your first gig

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
how did it go? i had mine last night at a house party and fucking loved it! got a bit nervous when i got to the house and set up but i was fine when i actually went on.

how did it go? i had mine last night at a house party and fucking loved it! got a bit nervous when i got to the house and set up but i was fine when i actually went on.

yeah, my first gig was a new years eve party last year!
did u feel sick just b4 u got on the decks? i did!
i played 4 about 2 hours then at about quarter past 1 the sound system blew up! was a sick night tho! never thought my 1st gig would be a NYE party

well i turned up at half 6 and put it this way i didnt want to eat dinner :lol: i had a sandwhich a packet of crisps and a choc bar, when i get nervous i don't eat!

SBI, 19th march 2005

fucking smash it!

loved it from then on :)

empire - bournemouth

mates 18, went on third, no monitor speaker at all, deck id never used, only had been miixing 6months... from the feed back i got i think it went really well :) was buzzing for a week!!

good on you mate, first time i played out proper was in a basement club and i was shitting myself, hands shaking so much i couldn't get the needle on the start of the record

amazingly different sound compared with home setups, u dont really think of it...

started with original ses, teased in talk to frank then lifted it off for renegade, which got a good reaction, jus kinda built on from that & did ok

heres a recordin of my first gig it was years ago at a hardcore rave called uprising in sheffield so i played them old skool and they loved it! i was the same fuckin brickin it, mixin is a bit shakey but it was a fuckin top buzz,after that a landed a residency for detonate in sheffield and have me some of the best in the business,this month im playin with fabio and mampi swift!
check it and you will see what i meen with shit mixin but it does get easyer the more booking you get

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=52663

http://www.detonate1.co.uk/events.cfm/start/01102008

pz,mist(detonate sheffield)

Obviously correct clangy beats - thats beat matching and dj'ing, but a serious fuck up and its sounding awful, you want to stop people hearing it so maybe a rewinds best.

I'm talking nudging the needle or something.

yeah, my first gig was a new years eve party last year!
did u feel sick just b4 u got on the decks? i did!
i played 4 about 2 hours then at about quarter past 1 the sound system blew up! was a sick night tho! never thought my 1st gig would be a NYE party

snap!

My first gig was a set before Phantasy & Eksman came on and i was cacking it. Was silent for about 2 hours before my set, plus id never used the pioneer DJM600 so was worried i fuck up on that and had never played anywhere with a really loud system so i was panicking big time! Once i had done first few mixes though was fine and smashed the place up, just like a rhino would if one escaped from the zoo, had 2 gin & tonics and happend to turn up to the club i was DJing at!

My time I played out was at a house party for NYE tears back, again no monitor speaker, couldn't hear a thing... very difficult...

Played more parties and a couple of clubs since then, playing in a club with proper paying customers is weird man, people have paid money to get in so if you're whack they're gonna be pissed at you...

Luckily, that's not happened to me yet, but it's always nerve wracking before you go on, I always have a beer or two, next thing you know you've forgotten your nerves and begin to enjoy yourself...

had mine at a mate's party at easter, started off b2b with another guy who had been mixing a couple of years (i'd only been doing it 6 months), then he left me to it for 45 minutes or so. Only problem I had was that one tune just kept going out no matter what, so i just faded it in and killed the bass on the other and everyone was off their tits anyway I don't think they noticed.

my bird missed the whole thing though 'cos she was busy gassing to her mates!

Had a few nice comments off some randomers about the mixing, and I was buzzing for a week after :D

i have got my first set on the 18th in fulhum at a club cant remember what its called 2 hours back to back with my mate for people that are paying! fucking nervous

Any fuck ups? And what do you do? Quickly pull a rewind?!

yeh i fucked up hard with noisia - concussion dropped with dj hidden - times like these..was utter mayham ..

started again after a long pause, went straight for TC - Get that girl doubled with Badass, went down a treat :) redeemed myself fully

Back
Top Bottom