Your First DnB Record

deaneg

I just started collecting vinyl records a year and a bit ago when owning Frederic Robinson - Mixed Signals digitally was just not enough, and having a CD collection didn't really appeal, and I've been hooked ever since. Probably not my most prized record anymore but I think It'll always hold a place in my mind as a thing that got me into collecting.

Some of you guys probably have a more interesting first record than I do so, what was your first drum & bass record? And your first record, if it wasn't DnB.

Villem - Shimmer EP

Bought it in the Hospital Advent Calendar for 1 quid. Now I'm more than 60 vinyl pieces in! :D

First record I ever bought was tnt - 2 degrees. Was back in 99-00, remember is so well considering it was over 15 years ago

Camo & Krooked Zeitgeist LP. Didn't order it but my CD was lost in the mail so they sent me a signed vinyl and that triggered my collection of dnb records and some by a few bands including Enter Shikari.

I won the Abstractions (a night that the Ruffhouse lot used to run in Bristol) competition for their Dispatch night. Won the Transit 1 LP as well as a bunch of other stuff. From then on I just wanted more and more

i bought commoners and conquerors ep in brighton one day didnt start properly collecting or mixing for years later.

I got into DJing late so when I finally did get decks, I bought a stack of records out the local shop's dollar bin to start practicing. Most notably was one of the seven plates from Armageddon. The one with Konflict - Beckoning.

Got a crate with 80 records in it for $80 from some dude from Dunedin back in 2011, most them were duds, but I was hooked after that. Stopped using Serato all together and only mix vinyl now. Im broke but happy!

I got into DJing late so when I finally did get decks, I bought a stack of records out the local shop's dollar bin to start practicing. Most notably was one of the seven plates from Armageddon. The one with Konflict - Beckoning.

I love Armageddon LP! Roadblock (matrix remix) :banllama:

I am not entirely sure to be honest what my first record I bought was, all I remember was it was online.
I remember my first time buying from a record store as I picked up Sabre and Survivals Omega King EP amongst other bits around spring 2009.

boogie times tribe - dark stranger remix - was my first. i was like a dog with 2 dicks when i heard that in the shop.
although that's probably jungle not dnb, but lets not get into that.

Mine was this when I was 7 in 1986.

Jackie-Wilson-Reet-Petite-393128.jpg

First DnB vinyl was this in 1996.

The+Speed+Of+Sound+speed+of+sound.jpg

Andy C & Shimon - Quest / Night Flight & Shy FX - The Message at the beginning of 1997.

Actually just started collecting vinyls while ago. Bought 4 records at the same time :D Now got like huge loads of them in a short while (byebye moneys)
London Elektricity - Syncopated City Lp
Break - Symmetry Lp
Adele - Hometown Glory (High Contrast Remix)
Chase & Status - Against All Odds (Xample & Dubstep Remixes)

Back
Top Bottom