Your First DnB Record

You know! Some ridiculously forward thinking music in the Cert 18 and Partisan back catalogues man, really miss both those labels...

Yes! Although I did miss out on them slightly, all the best releases were kind of behind them by the time I started buying records to DJ with, managed to track down all my favourite ones in the end though. Gas how contemporary Odyssey - "Ritual" and the Deep Blue remix both sound - you could imagine them on an Exit or Cylon LP with no trouble at all IMO.

Ha, I still play that Karlin tune! MENTAL how fast it is though, always have to dial it right back to -2 or -3 depending.

Paradox - Too Dissimilar always did it for me.

That Two Revolutions LP is great all right, I actually only have one of the plates from it, the one with the Seba remix of Sphere. Really miss that whole deeper science fictions ish atmospheric sound that Blame was pushing back then though, like when you compare shit like "Visions of Mars" to whatever pop bootlegs he makes these days it just seems like a giant step back, although I guess that is why we have labels like Subtle Audio.

Back
Top Bottom