Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Liquid Funk

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Oldschool/Hardcore

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Mainstream

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Not wanting to sound like a twat but TBH I play all of the above types of music - for me it's not about genre, it's about quality.

I'll play tunes form any sub genre of DnB if I think it's good, I I like it am into it - whether it's liquid, ragga jungle, Tech or whatever - likewise I wont play something from a label or producer that I really like if I'm not into that particular tune (aren't we all like this?)

Sometimes I'll play really heavy, sometimes more liquid, but mostly a mix of different styles...

But my favourite record labels are Ram, BBK, Valve, etc, none of which fall under any of the sub-genres already mentioned, so I hit "mainstream"...

Is that the catagory where I belong? - what do you guys think?

Not wanting to sound like a twat but TBH I play all of the above types of music - for me it's not about genre, it's about quality.

I'll play tunes form any sub genre of DnB if I think it's good, I I like it am into it - whether it's liquid, ragga jungle, Tech or whatever - likewise I wont play something from a label or producer that I really like if I'm not into that particular tune (aren't we all like this?)

Sometimes I'll play really heavy, sometimes more liquid, but mostly a mix of different styles...

But my favourite record labels are Ram, BBK, Valve, etc, none of which fall under any of the sub-genres already mentioned, so I hit "mainstream"...

I agree mate I try and play a bit of everything but I prerfer the darker stuff so I choose neuro/tech or whatever the option was. Don't like to pigeon hole what I like to play though, seems slightly restricting. but each to their own.:rowley:

Im all over really...i like all the subgendas of dnb. ragga, jump up, mainstream & liquid...but ma favo at the mo is JUMP UP baby....wahoooooo! lol

Wibble wobbly move me lil bobbles...lol dunno wher dat came from...:boobies:

:word: Totally agree mate

Tech/Neuro/Dark/Industrial is what it's all about for me. Find some of the Wobble/Jump up to be a bit cheesey. No suprise though that over 40% have voted for it , find loads more clubs and shit playing Wobble/Jump up. Should just mix it all up so everyone can a proper rinseout.:rowley:

haha

u called it clownstep and its still the most popular!

and wtf is mainstream, pendulum are a one off but sub focus is most definitely jump up!

Brap!

i think each subgenre is needed for different times. sometimes i wanna go mental to something techy, other times i wanna bounce away to some jump up and theres always time for liquid.
definetly havent got a favourite genre.

I'd have to vote for tech/neuro/dark/industrial though there is much tech and neuro that is not dark or industrial. I tend to play more deep neuro and tech rollers. I stay away from the real dark aggro beats as they are almost impossible to dance to. I like shit that's a little moody and dirty but all funk.

i voted liquid, second would be ragga. thing is i dont follow all liquid, im not that big on vocals that sound like a song which liquid producers seem to love, im into deep rollers, stuff when you close your eyes it takes you somewhere..closest i could see on the list was liquid

haha

u called it clownstep and its still the most popular!

and wtf is mainstream, pendulum are a one off but sub focus is most definitely jump up!

Brap!

being popular dont make it better, in fact it makes it the opposite, dnb's pop music

being popular dont make it better, in fact it makes it the opposite

interesting train of thought

personally i dont think there are many junglists that "follow the crowd" and insist on liking a tune just because andy c or hype likes it

but it sounds like your just trying to be different, are you a goth?

Imo - ClownStep doesnt really exist anymore it "was" that disjointed Gdub - deliverence ep / Total science sound a few years back.a bit clunky and unimaginative like sum1 with writers block releasing half hearted music and hopin 4 the best lol

any1 agree?

I take it back av u heard the remix of ra by gdub "it still exists just much improved"

Back
Top Bottom