Your favourite Drum and Bass Jump Up intro?

PunkyDnB

That jump up tune you consider the perfect set starter with the mind blowing drop... get what I mean? Most jump up tracks have a boring, lame intro with almost no effort put into them. There are also those tunes which have a well executed intro but have a disappointing drop. What do you have in mind? And ofc by jump up I mean both new and old!

That jump up tune you consider the perfect set starter with the mind blowing drop... get what I mean? Most jump up tracks have a boring, lame intro with almost no effort put into them. There are also those tunes which have a well executed intro but have a disappointing drop. What do you have in mind? And ofc by jump up I mean both new and old!

Pure Classic

Last edited by a moderator:

If i were a dj id start my set with this intro but go into somthing else for the drop. The intro is sick.

Big up people, great tunes. Btw, are you guys sure you would use the older ones for a set? I mean there's always that kind of guy who's like "i've heard that tune years ago, don't ya have anything newer to play mate?" Personally I get that a lot!

for me, its got to be Special K - Danger (G Dub rmx).
Can't find that tune, got a link mate?

Big up people, great tunes. Btw, are you guys sure you would use the older ones for a set? I mean there's always that kind of guy who's like "i've heard that tune years ago, don't ya have anything newer to play mate?" Personally I get that a lot!
if we're talking more recent then Die + Break - Grand Funk Hustle... (If that counts as jump up? yeah why not)

Off the top of my head. Lots of stuff around that time had great intros

Why limit this thread just to jump up?

Cause almost no one makes decent intros in jump up in contrast to other subgenres. The tunes are made in a couple of hours, without putting much effort into the part before the drop, so I thought it'd be interesting to point out the good ones. Solid tune btw!

Cause almost no one makes decent intros in jump up in contrast to other subgenres.

Have to agree with this. They used to make killer intro's Roni Size, Pendulum etc but now its not so great. I've always liked a good melody intro. John B - Hold Me tight, Concord Dawn - Morning light etc.

This has to be one of my fav's even tho its not jump up I feel the need to post

[video=youtube_share;2JNLp7lXbo8]http://youtu.be/2JNLp7lXbo8[/video]

Dunno, I always enjoy jump-up tunes having some movie speech samples right before the drop:

Hazard - Time Tripping
Hazard - It's A Secret
Konichi - Silent E
Tyke - Buzzards
Mr. Explicit - Blackdragon or many of Audio's tunes (not jump-up, but fits in here)

And so on...

Back
Top Bottom