Your favourite dnb artist albums of all time?

D-Bridge - Gemini Principle
I wanted to like this album so bad when it came out, but i just didnt get it. Even made a thread on DOA about it....
There are a lot of good tunes on it (Blush Response, Ponderosa, Creatures Of Habit, Seven Year Glitch, etc.) and one of the better ones was vinyl only (On My Mind), but in retrospect i think that album failed on me because it is so bleak.
While i like the abstract coldness of 'Modus Operandi' for example, 'The Gemini Principle' feels hopelessly melancholic on the borderline to a horromovie (all the snarling, howling and other ethereal sounds), which is great as an artistic expression, but not so much as a listening album. Maybe that could have been improved by omitting a few tunes, or including others ('Late 08' was an formerly unreleased freebie for example).

Also that album was a complete change to what d-Bridge did before: beautiful, fun liquid tracks.

LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression
This has been mentioned twice so far.
Its a label compilation and a dj mix, not an artist album.

Last edited:
Damn, never really thought that much about it but i totally felt the same way about Gemini principle. Not heard it in ages might have to revisit...

had a dig thru my cds and found Omni Trio - Skeleton keys, forgot about that one. great comedown album

Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork
Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole
Alix Perez - 1985
Calibre - Second Sun
Sunchase - Static Nitro
Commix - Call to Mind
Dbridge - The Gemini Principle
Teebee - Black Science Labs
BSE - Endangered Species
Dom & Roland - Through the looking glass

I used to get hell excited when I saw dnb artists were releasing albums, but I've been disappointed so many times by the frequent need to make them commercially viable by chucking vocalists on them that I'm starting to just want people to release EPs, much like Alix Perez is doing now.

Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork
Bad Company - Inside The Machine
Teebee - Through The Eyes Of A Scorpion
Calyx - No Turning Back
Black Sun Empire - Driving Insane
Dom & Roland - hmmm not sure, maybe LROAS

The amount of votes for clockwork on here speaks volumes.

Most lists seem to resolve around the harder techy side of things.
Im an oldschool guy but when DnB began to sound mostly like techno (and i dont mean techstep) it changed for ever.

Mark System LP
Tokyo Prose - Presence
SPKTRM - Android Dreams
Cern - Under Another Sky
TeeBee - Blacksciencelabs
Calibre - Second Sun

It's still the honeymoon phase, but Dom's new album is probably up there too

I wanted to like this album so bad when it came out, but i just didnt get it. Even made a thread on DOA about it....
There are a lot of good tunes on it (Blush Response, Ponderosa, Creatures Of Habit, Seven Year Glitch, etc.) and one of the better ones was vinyl only (On My Mind), but in retrospect i think that album failed on me because it is so bleak.
While i like the abstract coldness of 'Modus Operandi' for example, 'The Gemini Principle' feels hopelessly melancholic on the borderline to a horromovie (all the snarling, howling and other ethereal sounds), which is great as an artistic expression, but not so much as a listening album. Maybe that could have been improved by omitting a few tunes, or including others ('Late 08' was an formerly unreleased freebie for example).

Also that album was a complete change to what d-Bridge did before: beautiful, fun liquid tracks.

Well that's what's beautiful about it for me though, it does transmit that bleakness and does it well, art doesn't have to be cheerful. I like joy as much as the next guy but some of my favourite albums are expressions of sadness, it just hits me much deeper don't know why.

Well that's what's beautiful about it for me though, it does transmit that bleakness and does it well, art doesn't have to be cheerful.
I agree wholeheartedly and its good to hear that some people are enjoying this particular expression that dBridge gave us.
I do enjoy melancholic music, such as The Cure, Joy Division or Dead Can Dance.
But for some reason the style of this album was a bit too much for me.

Well I've now listened to a bit of Stakka and Skynet's Clockwork album and I can see why so many people on here are fond of it. Definitely cohesive and feels like you're in the future.

Boymerang: Balance of the Force
Adam F: Colours
Source Direct: Exorcise the Demons
Photek: Form & Function (if that counts)
Ed Rush & Optical: Wormhole
Matrix: Sleepwalk
Calibre: Musique Concrete
dBridge: Gemini Principle
Reprazent: New Forms
Consequence: Live for Never
ASC: Nothing is Certain

Break - Resistance
Logistics - Crash Bang Wallop!
Phace & Misanthrop - From Deep Space
Subwave - Subwave
Alix Perez - 1984