Your favorite Member Mixes - 2012

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
2012's been a big year for forum mixes. So many that just have been permanent residents on the iPod this year. What were some of your favorites?

Noteworthy for me:

JWood's May Mix could be my MVP for the year. Everything about it was smooth and dark and perfect.

Teddy's I Think I Love You Notting Hill showed me that the don himself could mix liquid like a boss. Pure vibes on this one.

Jack Eikon's A Rolling Summer went under the radar for most and could really use a re-up. Been meaning to relisten to this one.

Flicky's 3deck Mix showed great tech ability. Highly recommended for dancefloor smashers.

Midnight Maneuvers 2 was short but infinitely dark and nasty, Jack.

SirReal's abSOULute Mix exposed me to so much good non-dnb it's not even funny.

Black Homo's Bareback Beats Vol 1 is just unbeatable! I literally listen to this mix at least once every ten days, and have since it came out.

Gotta give all the DNBForum crew a huge shout for this year, as I've discovered a ton of great tunes due to you lot.

Last edited:
I gotta say that I think I love you Notting Hill is probably the one.

Big shout out goes to Jimmy boys wasteman FM mix too though, close second for sure. (Also happy birthday, old spice)

Really hard to pick something, so many great mixes surfaced here this year. I'm sure I definitely forgot about someone/something, but from the top of my head my top 5 in no particular order would be:

Teddy's I Think I Love You Notting Hill
wingzz' Sept 2012 aka Kerb Comp Mix
Sir Real's Sky Is The Limit
waynenoway's (DJ Contakt) Raving Religion Podcast 2
yours Roller Derby Mix

I Think I Love You Notting Hill has got to be the one for me.
still rinse it. quality mix.

Have to say the Midnight Manuevers series is a personal favourite series of mine.
Got to mention Sicx and his autonomic/exit mix installments, massively underrated IMO.

HAB and stu.... :) thank you

HAB's roller derby
Stu's latest rolling on 3
The Watcha's latest halftime ting
Every Obey mix
Every Ruffan x FKOF mix
Fortune - Exposition Volume One

and countless others. you guys are killing it

Cheers Stu & Jack!
Listened to so many good mixes on here but cant for the life of me remember which is which.

Stu's 'Rolling Straight Through Vol.2' was a recent one i listened to that was really good, 100% vinyl aswell, major props.
All of Fallengemini's mix are top quality, love the effort that goes into the tracklists, and the little designs to go with it.
Jack's midnight maneuvers's is a series I naturally really dig, really liked some of the earlier ones, Vol. 2 & 3 I think in particular were wicked.
MrBlack's stuff has gotta be up there with some of my fave mixes though. Pure flawless mixing, deep as fuck track selection with the ability to merge loads of different genres into a single mix. The guy keeps pounding them out as well which is great.

Too many to name though imo, im sure ive missed loads, Teddy, PapaJ, HAB!, Wingz. Really enjoyed The Watcha'a latest one as well

papa's jungle mixes have been consistently good this year... dunno exact names of the mixes etc but teddy, worf, stu, jsmtih, hab and nuera have all done good mixes as has j wood. Tactician's uk bass mixes have been dope as well

wow. i'm touched for the mentions guys x

for me i've really enjoyed:
sicx's autonom mixes. i always hear some great tracks previously unknown to me on these. gwarn selector.

stu's cable mix and rst vol 2. perfect mixing and right up my street.

habs' innersoul mix dominated my driving soundtrack this summer

also the forum tech mix that was back in january, still rocking it.

papa's style and fashion - love the old jungle vibes , rumble, rem the roller burial etc never get tired of them tunes

and

Teddy's I Think I Love You Notting Hill - nice vibes and well put together

I think Papa Jaro just deserves a special mention for his sets in general. Definitely a go to man for the jungle/oldskl vibes. Never disappoints.

Failed to mention in my previous post Jwood's mixes from throughout the year. Been massive in general, can't really pick one thats my favourite all have been more than audible pleasure. Fallen Gemini's last mix (not sure if its the kerb one) but with the Icicle bits at the end is also right up there. Always well constructed.

Can't forget HAB's liquid mixes. Go to guy for those vibes IMO.

& out to all the vinyl only DJ's that post round here! Certainly been a a fair few mixes in decent times that have been posted which is damn good to see. long may it continue.

& big ups to anyone that mentioned my mixes above. much love xx

Too kind for the shouts, gents.

Forgot to mention that Gem's recent mix was out of this world, as his usually are. Forgot the title and thread but felt terrible when I realized I didn't pay him his due.

Error's mixes have been doin it for me, Papa J's jungle mixes, my most played forum mix has to be flicky's critical mess one, and the one before that was large.

Loads of wicked mixes are posted on here.

t3453 may mix was sick
hab's innersoul
stu's cable promo one (cant remember which)
teds itilynh

so many good ones its hard to remember them all

no doubt matty and mishmash put up some sick ones as well

also thanks a lot for the mentions, there are far better mixes than any of mine on here so stop being all internet ghey etc etc ;)

Last edited:
I haven't really checked too many out tbh. I haven't really been listening to too much D&B whilst at home.

My favourite mix has gotta be Mistanoizes latest Ram ting mix though.

I've heard some decent stuff from Mish Mash, Danwell, Stu Smith, Blair Grylls, Nuera and Error as well. There are a few more to mention but my mind is numb.

Mish Mashes old skool mix really stood out from the rest IMO though

Really hard to pick something, so many great mixes surfaced here this year. I'm sure I definitely forgot about someone/something, but from the top of my head my top 5 in no particular order would be:

Teddy's I Think I Love You Notting Hill
wingz' Sept 2012 aka Kerb Comp Mix
Sir Real's Sky Is The Limit
waynenoway's (DJ Contakt) Raving Religion Podcast 2
yours Roller Derby Mix

i love you too <3 :*

:) Thanks for the mention Jack & Sicx! Many wicked members mixes this year, but here are a few of my favourites:-

Have to say the Midnight Manuevers series is a personal favourite series of mine.
Got to mention Sicx and his autonomic/exit mix installments, massively underrated IMO.

^^ Both these guy's mixes need a mention ^^ Quality selections & vibes to go with +

Stu's rolling straight through volume 2
Fallen Gem's kerb mix & mix before that
Littlesnitch's Ruffan x FKOF mixes
Flicky's breaking bad mix
Danwell's November mix
T345E's October mix

Back
Top Bottom