Your easiest track to beatmatch/mix?

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
I'd say High Contrast - If We Ever. It goes with anything and it's impossible to get confused with the beatmatching. I think everyones a bit sick of it now though.

I'd say High Contrast - If We Ever. It goes with anything and it's impossible to get confused with the beatmatching. I think everyones a bit sick of it now though.

every tune is pretty damn easy to mix mate...... they are all the same....... every dnb tune is around the same sort of bpm...... you should be matching up the bpms not trying to get the snares to hit at the same time as each other....... try mixing using high hats mate...... will make mixing every tune as easy as u find mixin If We Ever.....

Yeah I do mix with BPMs and high hats, when mixing I just get a sense of the constant beat as it ticks along, ignoring most of the drum fills.

I was more refering to tunes which you can pull out at any time and they seem to sound good with any tune thats playing. Tunes which don't require much thought, you just see it and put it on and it works.

well , i defenitly agree with if we ever and pink flamingo's is an easy one to , I personaly think , but my easiest one stays John B - Mr. Freud

its like what rocksteady said after years of mixing you understand records to a certain extent and every tune is easy to mix unless theres no drums or percussion to b.match with.
also most artists stick to the same bpm when makin there tunes gdub taxman & jaydan tracks always have to the same bpm makes mixin a bit easier

i pretty much know all the bpms of every track i've got, for sure. so before it's dropped i'm already floating around the right pitch.

i like mixing to snares if it's just a standard beat, get them real nice and crisply tight together. it's a bit sporadic and the drums changes, yeah, it's all about the bass kick and some hi hat business.
and generally a combo off all the above.

just find getting the snares tight works best for me.

i pretty much know all the bpms of every track i've got, for sure. so before it's dropped i'm already floating around the right pitch.

Yeah I got a feel for stuff thats really slow or really fast so you can get the slider in roughly the right place.

i like mixing to snares if it's just a standard beat, get them real nice and crisply tight together. it's a bit sporadic and the drums changes, yeah, it's all about the bass kick and some hi hat business.
and generally a combo off all the above.

just find getting the snares tight works best for me.

:word: especially the first bit!

Yeah, since i'm still pretty novice at mixing, i hate it when a tune starts off with some nice drums, and you beat match it, then the intro turns into some vocals, then it drops, and low and behold it is either slightly slow or fast.........lol

But yeah, i like intro's like If We Ever, and 3rd Degree gurns.......nice and simple to beatmatch (for a noob).

I still don't even know when Voodoo People starts.....i have such shit headphones hahaha

beatmixing is for wanks ;) ...it's easy...now what's the favorite scratch records? ...i have a solo harp recording that is pretty good & one of a flute played pitched up sounds like this piercing squeal...fucking fantastic sounds

i dont really mix anymore due to my decks not working(so i havent bothered buying any new vinyl)

but if im mixing at a mates or whatever beatmatching takes me abit longer but i normall get the hang of it.

if i dont know a track,,if it has drums in the intro they usually last for 32 bars so i start them when the tune ive got has dropped....i cant really explain but i just freestyle n it normally works

all tunes are pretty much the same to mix, once u get to know a few labels and producers ur start to see similarities in the bpm's... sometimes i can buy a new record and already know what speed to set it to mix with.

Once u get to know ur tunes, and spend alot of time mixing... all of them will seem pretty much the same to tightly mix together.

all tunes are pretty much the same to mix, once u get to know a few labels and producers ur start to see similarities in the bpm's... sometimes i can buy a new record and already know what speed to set it to mix with.

Once u get to know ur tunes, and spend alot of time mixing... all of them will seem pretty much the same to tightly mix together.

that happens to me most of the time.

except for when i got power of ra....didnt expect it to be as fast as it is...span me out for a bit lol

I cant really see 'If We Ever' going with 'Dirge'!!!

that happens to me most of the time.

except for when i got power of ra....didnt expect it to be as fast as it is...span me out for a bit lol

What the original?

Yeah that got me too...

Does anyone else but me think that it has an irregular bar intro? It doesn't like drop right, it drops like half way through another bar or summin...

Back
Top Bottom