Your dnb recomandation - hiphop rmx

antoinef

Bonjour every body,

I am somewhat new around here so Hello :)

Just wondering if you guys could send out some recommendations my way. I really like dnb, but I never got 'into' it to a point where I know all the new artists and all. I just kind of listen to it on the radio at work and it makes me happy :) I have to say I like dnbheaven the most since they play a lot of liquid.

But today I was wondering if you could share songs and/or artists which mixes a lot of hiphop dnb remixes (if that makes any sense).
something like that:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgbgjdMEcmQ

or Bachelors Of Science - Sirens

cheers

---------- Post added at 02:33 ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 ----------

^I had some sort of problem with URLs, hope that's cool!

There's am old remx of I got 5 on it that still tickles me, YouTube it

Mutt uses a lot of old hip hop beats in his intros and breakdowns. Check it...

Remix wise, most of the big hip hop classics have been done. Everything from Dead Prez - Hip Hop to De La Soul. Some of its good some terrible.

Then there are a few great tracks that take samples from Hip Hop like Ulterior Motive - Featherweight/VIP.

Jono's mixing tip of the day:

A really fun mix if you have anything that can loop like Serato.. spin Shook Ones Part 2 by Mobb Deep, wait till it gets to the bar in the first verse "Your crew is featherweight, my gunshots will make you levitate", slow it right down and loop it, bring in Featherweight, looping on the same vocal, then fade across (all as quickly as possible). Then just for kicks, double up the vocal with the VIP, add a pinch of effects and double drop.

EDIT: Almost forgot.. Fugees - Ready or Not (Zinc Remix). Surely the one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend Adam F ft. MOP - Stand Clear (Origin Unknown Remix).

I'd post the video link but when I try the forum keeps denying my post as I am a new member?!

Thank you for the great suggestions, keep them coming :)

Rich Pitchshift: same thing happened to me. I guess you have to be a long time member to post links or videos??

Last edited:
It's probably a spambot preventer thing. Expect you need about 10-15 posts

Anyone know the dynamic duo tune on joker from late 90s with the acapella of Hey AZ on it? joker used to do loads of hip hop type dnb, dream team ft busta rhymes - "the party" is another one, can't find it on YouTube though

Yeah maybe, x amount of posts or something? Is it specifically hip hop remix's you are after or just drum and bass with hip hop samples in? There are quite allot of hip hop vocal based tracks at the moment; here are a few you should check out -

Xtrah feat. Codebreaker - Set The Levels
Jubei feat. Flowdan - Say Nothin
Ulterior Motive feat. Codebreaker - It's On
Dub Phizix and Skeptical feat. Strategy - Marka

If it is samples / remixes from hip hop tracks then you should research drum and bass from around the 1995 - 1996 era . Look up artists like Aphrodite or Mikey Finn. Pretty sure Mikey Finn's label 'Urban Takeover' had the rights to remix any Def Jam record at one point.

Last edited:
CHEAAAAA

[video=youtube_share;tr-yOUwnuGY]http://youtu.be/tr-yOUwnuGY[/video]

[video=youtube_share;wB44kJpSp0A]http://youtu.be/wB44kJpSp0A[/video]

A sides - punks
Special k - danger
Zinc - the wrath
Goldie ft Krs one - digital

Mos Def - Panties (Zero T Remix)

youtube /watch?v=a9gBfCZOtCE

(sorry, can't post links for some reason)

^cheers
I got the same problem with the URL. I think you need more posts or something. Thx again for the suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom