You wouldn't Steal a DVD (You would claim for it instead)

monq

Hi all...

Ok, I was not gonna post here because I tend to create music for my own gratification - so I always asume everyone else it's gonna thing it's crap... This is the link to the mp3.

This is one of my first relatively "drum and bassy" productions... although I am more interested on the message I am trying to convey that to ensure this is 100% certified d&b! :D :D

Basically, I have been wanting to re-create the typical "You wouldn't steal a dvd" tune that we have to endure to watch LEGALLY bought dvd's... so Jacqui and her two adult films gave me the right chance to retaliate! :D :D

My main intention by posting here is to receive criticism regarding the elements that need eq'ing or fixing to improve the quality of the sound. Any suggestions, positive and negative criticism will be appreciated :)

I still have not mastered the song, so I will definitely tweak it to improve it in the next few weeks...

Best regards,
David

First, the message. Technically that whole situation might not have been 'criminal' but ffs.......
Musically. Not sure about the quality, being mp3, but I would just say for dnb, treat your kick and snare as your foundation, bass as the framework and then hang all the other bits off that to create the song.
I like what I can hear there, I just didn't think each part was defined enough if that makes sense. (sonically)
Oh, that extreme pan on the vocal, like opposite sides, maybe you could soften that a little. Just MOO (my own opinion - does that acronym exist?)
Like what you doing tho.

Hi subprime. First of all: thanks ever so much for your brilliant (as always!) feedback... :) Regarding the pan issue... yup, this is something that will really need retweaking in my final master! :D Also agree with the lack of definition of each part, I will need to have a rethink about each section. I tried to keep the whole thing with very few tracks/layers so that I could add extra elements if required, but I note some emptiness especially in the final section after the "drop"...

Regarding the dnb... the thing is, I am not using dnb so much as an objective, but as a vehicle to achieve a sound or style that pleases me. Dnb is absolutely fantastic to achieve a sense of beat and groove that I do lack - but my production will definitely evolve into glitchier electronic areas, since I love experimentation...

Again, cheers mate!!!! :)

David

Sample is sick, very original :D On an improvement note, i think that the drums could do with another layer on top so that there a bit more 'beefed up' as they are quite soft atm.

Keep up the good work though (y)

right wear do i start,the song it,s self is not bad,but you need to get rid of the panning effect mate as it just don't sound right.
i don't no if you have delay on the drums and other parts of the tune, but the beets sound out if you can sort this out good job

OCR, Resonance... agreed completely, three people agree with the panning issue so that needs work definitely! The beat needs also beefing up and yes I am aware of the off sync that happens sometimes... basically, I created one track with the bit in midi to glitch it, and a copy as a wav/sample file in another track to "beef it"... but somehow I manage to slightly unsync it... which is something that it can be fixed easily...

Again thanks: I do like what I compose (I would not produce it if I didnt like it! :D) but I was not expecting anyone else to actually like this, so it makes me want to persevere in composing electronic music! :D :D

You rock people :)

OCR, Resonance... agreed completely, three people agree with the panning issue so that needs work definitely! The beat needs also beefing up and yes I am aware of the off sync that happens sometimes... basically, I created one track with the bit in midi to glitch it, and a copy as a wav/sample file in another track to "beef it"... but somehow I manage to slightly unsync it... which is something that it can be fixed easily...

Again thanks: I do like what I compose (I would not produce it if I didnt like it! :D) but I was not expecting anyone else to actually like this, so it makes me want to persevere in composing electronic music! :D :D

You rock people :)
thanks mate, i like the tune sort the stuff out what the above said and it will be good:)

Back
Top Bottom