You may think I am stupid but these speakers for producing?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Here is the thing.

I am on a budget so can't fork out for monitors. If I saved I could probably get myself some £200 monitors but I have seen in numerous places monitors that cheap sometimes just aren't worth it...

Another thing, as you know, I am making Bass Music! I have no Sub... (to plug into my computer anyway) :lol: I am always doing sub bass on headphones and using a spectrum analyzer.

So:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-OEM-S220-Speaker-Black/dp/B000QWFI9A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

£20, I know. I am sounding pretty silly here! My mate has these and the sub is actually pretty good. All I am saying is you think its worth forking out £20 quid just so I can actually work with Sub Bass easier than my current situation? :P

Jordan

its only 20 quid man if they arent up to scratch you'll always have some portable speakers for ur mp3 player or sumfin mite aswell go for it.

i still dont have monitors my self ive got some sony 2.1 speaker things but then i export an try on my mixing speakers then headphones etc just too see if it sounds good on all
im not planning on gettin monitors anytime soon either what i got going now seems good enuff

its only 20 quid man if they arent up to scratch you'll always have some portable speakers for ur mp3 player or sumfin mite aswell go for it.

i still dont have monitors my self ive got some sony 2.1 speaker things but then i export an try on my mixing speakers then headphones etc just too see if it sounds good on all
im not planning on gettin monitors anytime soon either what i got going now seems good enuff

I really want a sub

don't produce myself but I had a 2.1 logitech set of speakers that I bought from asda about 5 years ago and they were banging the only reason I got rid of them was because I hooke up my pc to my system even then I didn't get rid of em like I say don't know about for producing but for generally just listening to music through they did me a treat can't see no problem really for bedroom producing wouldn't have thought the average joe could tell the difference obviously after you've been producing for a while your gonna want something better, for a score fuck it

Sounds good Matt :) Your right too Marlok, may aswell make the buy!

Aid, I swear you have monitors?

monitors dont have a sub in them i think??
well not a dedicated sub

imo: something > nothing.

even if you manage to get shitty equipment it's better then no equipment at all right? I used pretty much the exact same set up as what you are suggesting until I realized that I could hook up my production stuff to my DJ stuff (speakers) if I rearranged my set up. End result was no sub but better monitors. Trust me if you have at least something it will help a lot, plus you might find yourself being able to produce for longer spans as you are fatiguing your ears by headphones.

Last edited:
i started on some £30 logitechs too, nice and full sounding - and defintly a good stepping stone ( before investing in monitors )

my monitors go from 50 hz and up, active monitors dont need a sub, specially when you get to know their sound and the room youre working in. a/b-ing is a good idea but not so good for the creativity, tends to stump me. dillinjas tannoys go sevral counts lower still. i think samson does a kind of budget monitor model, could be worth checking out, its like 80 for the pair or something, not sure but i think a famous guy on here (dont remember his name right now, from a duo, theyre on close2death records amongst other labels errrmm.... derp) said that he bought them ages ago and still likes to use them when starting a track

my monitors go from 50 hz and up, active monitors dont need a sub, specially when you get to know their sound and the room youre working in. a/b-ing is a good idea but not so good for the creativity, tends to stump me. dillinjas tannoys go sevral counts lower still. i think samson does a kind of budget monitor model, could be worth checking out, its like 80 for the pair or something, not sure but i think a famous guy on here (dont remember his name right now, from a duo, theyre on close2death records amongst other labels errrmm.... derp) said that he bought them ages ago and still likes to use them when starting a track

you mean zeal??

started out on some hifi and something like that ^^^^ aswell. used to do better tunes on the logitech system tbh! hifi was just overexagerrating things more than the logitechs for some reason.

for 20 quid you cant go wront really if you only have headphones now..

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

bug tbh, if you could save 200 bucks, why not go for smaller alesis oder the behringer truth series?

think thatll be better than nothing aswell... but if i were you, logitech 20 quid thing and then save up 300 for some "proper" monitors like the alesis m1mk2, m audio 8 or some rokits!

Back
Top Bottom